Quantcast
Using Sony PCM D100 with Xvive P1 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Using Sony PCM D100 with Xvive P1
Old 22nd December 2020
Here for the gear

Using Sony PCM D100 with Xvive P1

Hi everyone,

Has anyone here tried using the XVIVE P1 with a SONY PCM D100 for location recording with a condenser mic that needs phantom power?

[Edit: forgot to include a link https://www.xviveaudio.com/p1-portab...ly-p0085.html]

I'm looking to get the PCM D100 for a location recording project (in mountains) because of its great mics and preamps but I'll also need to use an external mic here and there. Would rather not have to take two different mobile recorders out due to lack of XLR inputs on the D100.

Thanks!

Last edited by khyamallami; 22nd December 2020 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Forgot to include link
Old 9th January 2021
Here for the gear

Big topic so i'll try and be brief, the D100 is great for simplicity and with wind protection it'll be perfect. Fast and ready, 'roll up and record' kinda kit. I'd go with the sound devices. The SD mix pre is surprisingly small

Kodi nox
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by khyamallami ➡️
Hi everyone,

Has anyone here tried using the XVIVE P1 with a SONY PCM D100 for location recording with a condenser mic that needs phantom power?

[Edit: forgot to include a link https://www.xviveaudio.com/p1-portab...ly-p0085.html]

I'm looking to get the PCM D100 for a location recording project (in mountains) because of its great mics and preamps but I'll also need to use an external mic here and there. Would rather not have to take two different mobile recorders out due to lack of XLR inputs on the D100.

Thanks!
Hello,
I would be interested to know if you found a portable solution for your field recording with the Sony PCM D100 with external condenser mics that need phantom power. Or did you buy the Sound Devices as adomaimamelneach suggested? Thanks in advance for your reply
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

In the end I ended up borrowing a Zoom H8 for the condensers. Pre-amps weren't as bad as I thought they would be.
📝 Reply