The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Has anyone auditioned Inspirata yet?
Old 21st December 2020
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Has anyone auditioned Inspirata yet?

Inspirata is a convolution-based reverb control platform similar to altiverb offering advanced locational adjustments. Has anyone given it a go yet?
https://www.inspiredacoustics.com/en...ta-workstation
Old 21st December 2020
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I looked at their website and saw some of the beautiful halls they have sampled.
Especially good could be the Liszt Hall in Budapest and the Lisinski Palace in Zagreb.

Thank you for this pointer--I want to check it out.
Old 21st December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yes. It's amazing. But you have to treat it rather differently from a conventional reverb.

Also the IR library is over 100GB in size.
Old 22nd December 2020
Gear Maniac
...Gigabytes?! Good grief, Charlie Brown.
Old 22nd December 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Are you unhappy with Altiverb?

D.
Old 22nd December 2020
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Doug - I am thinking the improved locational tools might be interesting to play with.
Old 22nd December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The locational tools are very impressive. If you have ever used Flux IRCAM Tools Spat, it's a bit like that, except that you are positioning things within 'real' spaces rather than synthesized ones.

I think it'll be an amazing tool for post-production where you need to convincingly place a dry source within a real environment. For a classical recording scenario where you just want to add a little bit of 'more hall' to an existing recording it'll work very well but perhaps you wouldn't need the unique things that it does.
Old 22nd December 2020
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I’ve been fooling around with this all morning, and from what I can tell, this is easily a match for altiverb, very realistic representation of placing instruments in a space rather than a pasted on reverb. It will take some time to learn the nuances, but this is a very good tool. They are offering Inspirata lite with about 30 or so sampled spaces for free until the end of January (I think) - it is definitely worth a try.
Old 28th December 2020
Gear Head

I tried it, but either I am missing something or the Lite version is not functioning properly. According to another thread here the IRs are not really in stereo, and from what I hear I can confirm that. I also have performance issues, which make it pretty unusable here, but I admit my Mac isn't the fastest.

Certainly no replacement for Altiverb as far as I am concerned, at least not the Lite version, and since there are no demos I cannot say anything else.
Old 28th December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
What do you mean by "the IRs are not really in stereo"? Is that just the Lite version?
Old 28th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peller ➑️
What do you mean by "the IRs are not really in stereo"? Is that just the Lite version?
I don't know, probably. I am not the first to notice this, have a look at the other Inspirata thread. The plugin definitely doesn't work in proper stereo. I find it unusable like this.

I cannot test the full version, since there isn't a trial.
Old 28th December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I haven't tried the Lite version. In the full versions you have one or more 'sources' that can be positioned in the space and you definitely hear stereo reverb from them, that is kind of the point.
Old 7th January 2021
Deleted 34c3434
Bought the personal version last night and first impressions are that I will no longer need a stack of other reverbs - Inspirata is very good - great sound, good set of parameters that can be automated if needed and the interface is very understandable and clear. Just need to test out the CPU/memory hit and if there are no annoying bugs I will be using this as my main reverb for sure
Old 24th March 2021
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
After a few months, I am still finding this to be quite effective and quite realistic. It definitely does not sound like a pasted-on reverb. It is a resource hog, and not for older computers. Here is a review at pro-tools-expert:

https://pro-tools-expert.squarespace...spirata-tested
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Having an interesting experience with this one today (free lite edition). I've mixed live shows in a couple of the halls represented. The impulses are obviously taken with the venue empty. The realism is so good, my brain just tripped over itself: I was adjusting the verb and found myself looking forward to when the audience was in. Like I was at soundcheck and having to mentally adjust for the slightly too live empty hall.
πŸ“ Reply