Quantcast
Upgrading Preamps - is it worth it? - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Upgrading Preamps - is it worth it?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Update No 3:
I have done the first shows with the SQ5 / DT168 and I really like it. For my work (usually recording and mixing at the same time) it's a big step up. I guess that's mainly the desk and not the pres, but I definitely don't miss my XTCs. Listening back on monitors after the gig I like my live mixes or stems a lot more than those I did mith the M32c last year. I can also feed the channels back into the desk and get rough mix with few tweaks to what I did live. Very nice. So I got a second DT168 last week and I'm now ready to sell all my other pres (exept for the TRP I guess). Thanks to every one who helped me com to this decision.

Cheers, Peer
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Interesting post. I like the preamps in the DT168 as well but they are not as good sounding as my Grace m108 so they still get relegated to the last 16 inputs; audience mics, line level stuff like DIs and such. Love the eight extra outputs on stage tho. They seem to sound better than the preamps in the SQ even though the preamps in the SQ are pretty good.

I have ask A&H about a Dante rack for their new Prime preamps and the demur. Those preamps are getting great reviews but they won't be of any interest to me unless the rack becomes Dante enabled. The Prime preamps are not cheap, BTW.

D.
📝 Reply