The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neumann's first studio headphones
Old 3 weeks ago
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
I don't like wearing headphones when I work, but when it's my only option, I love my Neumann NDH20 Studio Headphones.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness ➡️
I don't like wearing headphones when I work, but when it's my only option, I love my Neumann NDH20 Studio Headphones.
How do you feel they translate to your KH120 monitors? Do they sound the same or similar enough?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
I have not compared them side by side, but my Neumann NDH20 headphones sound quite accurate and neutral to me. Very similar sounding to my KH120As.

As many of us know, the KH120As are fundamentally very neutral speakers. These headphones seem to be voiced similarly to their headphones.

I will do my best to A/B them the next I have a chance to play around in the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler ➡️
How do you feel they translate to your KH120 monitors? Do they sound the same or similar enough?
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
meanwhile, sennheiser sold their consumer division for €200'000'000 to sonova - wondering how this is going to affect neuheiser in general (they announced their interest in selling that part of the company earlier on) and the neumann headphones specifically...

...but also how their intent to focus on microphones and studio gear will materialize; after all, wireless mics and in-ear systems don't really get used in the studio much so i'm wondering what's next?!

(since the neumann headphones seem to be made abroad, could well be that selling one division doesn't affected the neumann headphones at all)

Last edited by deedeeyeah; 2 days ago at 12:45 PM..
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Check out this article from Februry 2021...

https://tekdeeps.com/sennheiser-sell...logy-business/

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah ➡️
meanwhile, sennheiser sold their consumer division for €200'000'000 to sonova - wondering how this is going to affect neuheiser in general (they announced their interest in selling that part of the company earlier on) and the neumann headphones specifically...

...but also how their intent to focus on microphones and studio gear will materialize; after all, wireless mics and in-ear systems don't really get used in the studio much so i'm wondering what's next?!

(since the neumann headphones seem to be made abroad, could well be that selling one division doesn't affected the neumann headphones at all)
📝 Reply