Quantcast
AKG mics...now made where ? - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AKG mics...now made where ?
Old 9th March 2019
Austrian Audio

Jim, you’ve got your PMs shut off. I was trying to send you something. Can you email me via our website’s “sayhello @“ address? It goes to me.
Old 9th March 2019 | Show parent
Austrian Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis ➡️
Honestly guys so glad you're keeping the flame burning. Huge props to you and continued success. The capsules look fantastic!
Thanks! Greatly appreciated.
Old 23rd March 2019
Austrian Audio

In case you’ve yet to see it.

I’m going to release content throughout the coming week so please sign up to our usual channels. All of the best stuff will be on our blog. I’m thinking of live streaming our press event on the 3rd @ 15:30 CET. I sent over all the needed gear.

If any of you are going to the show, I’ll be there from the 28th of March through April 6th.

Kent
Old 9th April 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I can see Austrian Audio's Bluetooth remote control of polar pattern being very helpful, particularly for main pairs where stand location is compromised by concert seating, exit walkways, officious stage and venue managers, etc etc:

YouTube
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 ➡️
I can see Austrian Audio's Bluetooth remote control of polar pattern being very helpful, particularly for main pairs where stand location is compromised by concert seating, exit walkways, officious stage and venue managers, etc etc:

YouTube
Yes adjusting polar pattern is useful.
(and just one of the useful features (along with adjusting stereo width and mic “direction”) of using Soundfield and other ambisonic mics).
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 ➡️
although the workers in the Pecs plant hardly look exploited or unhappy.
Never trust those videos, really. I have been working on a trading floor and a corporate video was being made. They used actors :/ The end result was so far from reality it was disgusting. We were all overworked and overstressed at extreme levels, but a company simply doesn't want to show that. I hope for the workers the video of the Pecs plant is realistic, but I can't trust a video anymore.
Old 13th May 2019 | Show parent
Austrian Audio

I just put up the instructional video for our PolarPilot iOS and Android app for wirelessly controlling the OC818 via the OCR8. More text chatter below the video.

A quick run-through of the features you can unlock when adding the optional OCR8 wireless transmitter/receiver (available at your Austrian Audio dealer) to your OC818 Viennese microphone with the handmade CKR12 capsule.

Once paired with your Android or iOS device, you can control your microphone from the comfort of your control room (within the parameters of the BlueTooth specification, of course). No need to get up and run back and forth to/from the control room or to have your assistant stop making coffee. Just leave the connection active and you can change the polar patterns at any time (High-Pass Filters, the 2 types of Pads [capsule bias pad and mic output pad] too!)

There is even an ultra-handy 60 second clipping monitor/logger window that will show you any internal clipping in the microphone. Use the -10dB pad if this occurs too frequently or tell the boom op to move a bit farther away from the jet engines you are recording. The mic withstands 148dB before clipping without any pads engaged, so you should be fine in most cases.

Note: our OCR8 wireless transmitter/receivers would allow for one control device (iOS/Android) to connect to multiple OCR8s. It is currently impossible as no phone/tablet allows for controlling two devices (stereo, as an example) via one software interface/device. However, the OCR8 is ready if this changes in the future.

Keep in mind that the signal from your handmade CKR12 capsule is NEVER CONVERTED TO DIGITAL. The OCR8 simply enables wireless control over the capsule bias voltages.

#2 of 3 introductory videos. Uploaded first as it is the shortest of the three.

===
Ein kurzer Überblick über die zusätzlichen Funktionen, die der optionale OCR8 Bluetooth-Sender/Empfänger (erhältlich beim Austrian Audio-Händler) freischaltet, wenn er in Kombination mit dem OC818 Großmembran-Kondensator-Mikrofon und der PolarPilot-App verwendet wird. So entfaltet die handgemachte CRK12-Mikrofonkapsel ihr volles Potential!

Sobald der OCR8-Dongle mit einem Android- oder iOS-Gerät gekoppelt ist, kann das Mikrofon über die App komfortabel vom Abhörraum aus gesteuert werden (im Rahmen der üblichen Bluetooth-Reichweite, natürlich). Damit gehört der ständige Weg in den Aufnahmeraum, nur zum Ändern von Mikrofon-Parametern, der Vergangenheit an – und die Assistenten können sich voll und ganz auf das Kaffeekochen konzentrieren. Einfach die Bluetooth-Verbindung aktivieren, und Änderungen an der Richtcharakteristik sind jederzeit möglich (genauso wie das Einstellen von High-Pass-Filtern und zwei Arten von Pads).

Zusätzlich bietet PolarPilot einen 60-sekündigen Clipping-Monitor/Log, der internes Clipping im Mikrofon anzeigt. Wenn das zu oft passiert, hilft das -10dB-Pad – oder ein bisschen mehr Abstand zur Tonquelle, wenn man unbedingt ein Jet-Triebwerk aufnehmen will. Allen üblichen Tonquellen mit bis zu 148dB Schalldruckpegel hält das OC818 sowieso ohne Clipping stand – und das auch ohne Hilfe der eingebauten Pads.
Bitte beachten: Unser OCR8 Bluetooth-Sender/Empfänger ermöglicht es, dass ein Android- oder iOS-Gerät mit mehreren OCR8 Sendern/Empfängern verbunden wird (zum Beispiel zum Kontrollieren eines OC818 Stereo-Paars). Leider gibt es aktuell kein Smartphone oder Tablet, das eine Bluetooth-Verbindung mit zwei Geräten zulässt. Falls sich das in Zukunft ändert, ist der OCR8 jetzt schon bereit dafür.

Und nicht vergessen: Das Signal der handgemachten CKR12-Kapsel wird im Mikrofon niemals digitalisiert. Der OCR8 Bluetooth-Sender/Empfänger wirkt lediglich auf die interne Vorspannung der Kapsel ein, und ermöglicht somit die kabellose Einstellung von Richtcharakteristik, High-Pass-Filter und Pad.

Einführungsvideo #2 von 3. Dieses Video geht als erstes online, weil es von den dreien das kürzeste ist.
Old 4th December 2019 | Show parent
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Vienna, Austria – Austrian Audio is proud to announce the StereoCreator, a new, free plugin designed to complement the dual output capability of the OC818 large-diaphragm condenser microphone with multiple polar patterns.

New, Free StereoCreator Plugin by Austrian Audio

https://austrian.audio/stereo-creator/
📝 Reply