Quantcast
Mic case for SDC's - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mic case for SDC's
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Well after my disappointment with these, I tried other solutions. I find those semi-rigid shockproof cases for 2.5" external hard drives really neat. Obviously not going to fit any SDC length, but here, for example, is a photo showing my AKG Blueline mics in one. I use a lens cloth to separate the mics (as shown in one of the pics) and find this gives compactness, protection and speedy access.

Cheers,

Roland
Attached Thumbnails
Mic case for SDC's-_rhg7563.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolksoundman9 ➡️
Rycote's Chief Technology Officer got back to me quickly (yesterday) to say that they had consciously designed them to be tight, that of the thousands sold they have only had two complaints for the cases being overly tight, but concluding 'However, I hear you that it can be tricky to get the tubes out but I'm afraid that currently there's nothing we can do about it on this generation of cases. Thanks for this very valuable feedback, anyway! We'll definitely put this on the list for our next generation.'
Piling on, the Rycote mic case sucked b**ls! I didn't feedback Rycote but I sent two back to B&H for a refund (which I promptly received).

Home Depot for PVC plumbing pipe, some caps, some glue, some foam from, well, wherever you might grab some. Done.

Or just continue to use those Shure pouches and put what you need for the job into the proper sized Peli case. Also done. I still carry my Schoeps to jobs in their wooden boxes. Same with the DPAs.

$.02

D.
📝 Reply