Old 15th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Akai Rhythm Wolf

Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
meh, price is good....gotta hear it in the flesh though

EDIT: This is going to further bury an already dead Tempest most likely....

Considering you can get a hardware sampler and this for the same price as a Tempest...or pair this with a DAW for a fraction of the Tempest price tag.

It's an afterthought.
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I am disappointed that Akai did not have an audio ready demo model to show at this show.
Old 18th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest ➡️
I am disappointed that Akai did not have an audio ready demo model to show at this show.
Yeah...it's a bit shady on Akai's part. In one interview a guy says they had some an issue with the power supply, transformer, or something so they couldn't demo it, but this one clearly looks like it's powered up and working.

Perhaps they couldn't get a correctly sounding prototype done before the show and didn't want to miss the chance to build some buzz.

Looks and functionality are great, but they mean nothing if the device sounds like crap. I can't believe there was no one in the whole company that couldn't have just uploaded some demo MP3s to soundcloud or something.
Old 20th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolout ➡️
Yeah...it's a bit shady on Akai's part. In one interview a guy says they had some an issue with the power supply, transformer, or something so they couldn't demo it, but this one clearly looks like it's powered up and working.

Perhaps they couldn't get a correctly sounding prototype done before the show and didn't want to miss the chance to build some buzz.

Looks and functionality are great, but they mean nothing if the device sounds like crap. I can't believe there was no one in the whole company that couldn't have just uploaded some demo MP3s to soundcloud or something.
Obviously it wasn't ready, any other company would have a multiple back ups on hand.
Old 20th March 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Akai been shady since the Ren's release.
Old 30th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN ➡️
Akai been shady since the Ren's release.
You are giving them a lot more credit than they deserve lol
Old 30th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Man this look like a cheap azz toy! I will never buy anything from akai again period!
Old 30th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Dutches ➡️
meh, price is good....gotta hear it in the flesh though

EDIT: This is going to further bury an already dead Tempest most likely....

Considering you can get a hardware sampler and this for the same price as a Tempest...or pair this with a DAW for a fraction of the Tempest price tag.

It's an afterthought.

Tempest isn't dead it's just only a few can afford it or aren't drum fanatics who would pay that much for it. But from the people who i know and talked to say that nothing comes closed to it. They even say analog 4 can't compete as far as true drum design and they own both.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…