Quantcast
Mixing 808's to translate everywhere.. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mixing 808's to translate everywhere..
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Mixing 808's to translate everywhere..

Tracks that are heavy with 808's how do these translate on iphones or laptop speakers, not too well right? Is it common to put and underlying kick in so it can be heard on devices the 808s wont make it trough on? What if that underlying kick takes away from the original vibe of the 808's?

I realized im really a noob with 808's ive started to use them a little more recently and I have a client who wants 808 everything.
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
It can depend on the arrangement, the more sparse the more you can let the 808 breath. Saturation and distortion are great tools, usually in parallel. You can use a gate to "control" the 808 a little more. This episode on Pensados Place is a great tool: How to Mix 808′s – Into The Lair #94 | Pensado's Place . I like the example because it seems like a fairly crowded arrangement but the techniques work well.
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchGeist โžก๏ธ
It can depend on the arrangement, the more sparse the more you can let the 808 breath. Saturation and distortion are great tools, usually in parallel. You can use a gate to "control" the 808 a little more. This episode on Pensados Place is a great tool: How to Mix 808?s โ€“ Into The Lair #94 | Pensado's Place . I like the example because it seems like a fairly crowded arrangement but the techniques work well.
Great thank you for the link.. Yea I mean i can get those 808's sounding nice, but to get them audible on small systems is a challenge.. Interested to know what steps others take don't think ive seen that ITL. cheers
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Listen to a song the has 808s in it on your phone. If you can hear anything of the 808s then you must have a hell of a phone.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…