Quantcast
Listen to vinyls and my iTunes at the same time out of same Speakers. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Listen to vinyls and my iTunes at the same time out of same Speakers.
Old 2nd March 2014
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Listen to vinyls and my iTunes at the same time out of same Speakers.

Hi,
So first let me give a little background. I recently got some monitors to start mixing and mastering some beats I've made on FL studio and was able to keep my turntables and DJ mixer without having to sell them. I have Focusrite Saffire 6 usb interface to connect the monitors to. I also use this interface to connect my microphone for when I think of a cool rap. Anyways, I would still like to use my turntables for either listening to the vinyls that I have or scratching, but can't unless I unplug the cables from the monitors and interface then plug in some cables from my DJ mixer to my monitors. My question to you is, is there any equipment I can get that will allow me to just slap on some vinyls and play with them and then be able to switch back to listening to music in my iTunes library the next second? without having to unplug and plug in other cables? Can I listen to music in my library on my computer and then scratch with my vinyls over the audio? Will a simple audio mixer work? Do I get a different interface? Any help would be appreciated on my first gearslutz post.

Thanks,
George
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
DJ mixer OUTPUT -> Focusrite INPUT.

Now you can choose what you want to hear with the "Input/Playback knob" on the front panel of the Focusrite.
Since you probably want to record stuff from the turntable, thats the way to connect it anyway.

peace
Old 2nd March 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Wow. Thank you so much. You are awesome.

Peace
Old 2nd March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpiper0815 โžก๏ธ
DJ mixer OUTPUT -> Focusrite INPUT.

Now you can choose what you want to hear with the "Input/Playback knob" on the front panel of the Focusrite.
Since you probably want to record stuff from the turntable, thats the way to connect it anyway.

peace
You can also do the opposite, run your interface out to your DJ mixer and route your monitors to the DJ mixer.
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
just want to say both these answers would work, i'd do the first one though for the itunes thing.
๐Ÿ“ Reply