Quantcast
Asap Rocky- 1 Train - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Asap Rocky- 1 Train
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Asap Rocky- 1 Train

This song has such a 90's feel which I usually dislike, but I can't stop listening. I love the drums, do you think that's just all programmed or maybe a break beat?

Your thoughts?
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
This ASAP guy is contributing to the death of hip hop and laughing about it with his hoes. ASAP Rocky should ask Aesop Rock if he can be kicked in the face!
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe ➑️
This song has such a 90's feel which I usually dislike, but I can't stop listening. I love the drums, do you think that's just all programmed or maybe a break beat?

Your thoughts?
It sounds like its all programmed,maybe with drums from a break beat.
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Meh
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
At the end of the day, it's the same old ****. Couple of nice rhymes.
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
+1 for kicking that guy in the face. I'm a fan of hip-hop like Aesop Rock and it offends me that a clown can use a name even remotely similar.
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Agreed, the drums are dope. Hit boy is the producer, his drums are always very impressive. He's a guy who's gifted with his sound selection.
Old 28th January 2013
Hobbs_Won
Quote:

Your thoughts?
My thoughts is that you probably didn't like 90's feel Hip Hop because your hipster icons weren't the ones doing it... soon as they drop a joint with it...it's cool.

That's just my guess....

that being said... it's trash IMO

EDIT: The best is cool...Bronson and, ironically ASAP rep on it.. and D Brown too.. everybody else is Eh... Lamar was the corniest
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
...This song has such a 90's feel which I usually dislike, but I can't stop listening. I love the drums...
those drums have been sampled to death in the 90's, maybe you're more into 90's stuf than you think.
there's tons of versions of this song btw, all have great drums, all were sampled heavily.

Old 28th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue42kilo ➑️
I'm a fan of hip-hop like Aesop Rock and it offends me that a clown can use a name even remotely similar.
If Aesop Rock had a problem with it I'm sure we'd have heard him go after Rocky by now.

I like the music of both BTW.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
When I heard that song, I literary wanted to commit a suicide, because I made a 90% similar beat 6 years, ago, everything is the same, sampling style, even the drums are in a similar style. I made it like 6 years ago, and I played it to hundreds of artists and nobody wanted it, and all of the sudden a similar, almost the same beat pops out and everybody talks how's it's a great beat and love it and blahblah. And plus my favorite new artist (Yelawolf) spits on it

Here is so you can hear it, maybe the pitch of the sample is slightly different, but it is mostly the same. I was astonished when I heard that they dug that sample and chopped it in almost the same way. I don't implicate that they recreated my beat, because my beat never left my hard drive, because nobody wanted it
Attached Files

s3.mp3 (1.26 MB, 371 views)

Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs_Won ➑️
My thoughts is that you probably didn't like 90's feel Hip Hop because your hipster icons weren't the ones doing it... soon as they drop a joint with it...it's cool.

That's just my guess....

that being said... it's trash IMO

EDIT: The best is cool...Bronson and, ironically ASAP rep on it.. and D Brown too.. everybody else is Eh... Lamar was the corniest
I just dislike the subject matter of most 90's New York Hip Hop. It's nothing I could relate to. And most rappers during that time, and still to this day, from NYC sound the same.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanZoo ➑️
When I heard that song, I literary wanted to commit a suicide, because I made a 90% similar beat 6 years, ago, everything is the same, sampling style, even the drums are in a similar style. I made it like 6 years ago, and I played it to hundreds of artists and nobody wanted it, and all of the sudden a similar, almost the same beat pops out and everybody talks how's it's a great beat and love it and blahblah. And plus my favorite new artist (Yelawolf) spits on it

Here is so you can hear it, maybe the pitch of the sample is slightly different, but it is mostly the same. I was astonished when I heard that they dug that sample and chopped it in almost the same way. I don't implicate that they recreated my beat, because my beat never left my hard drive, because nobody wanted it
No way...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
No way...
No way what?
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Drums? -> http://youtu.be/uxp0Kfgpft8
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

I believe you, i did the sample from the bath scene in "Coming to America" and artist thought it was too gimmicky.
I almost had a heart attack when i heard Nottz place that beat/sample with Snoop & Rkelly for "That's that ****" - this happens all the time imo.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezionjd ➑️
I believe you, i did the sample from the bath scene in "Coming to America" and artist thought it was too gimmicky.
I almost had a heart attack when i heard Nottz place that beat/sample with Snoop & Rkelly for "That's that ****" - this happens all the time imo.
Well yeah, coincidences happen all the time, specially when you using samples. There was few more times when I made beats and later on heard the songs that are made with the same sample, similar sample structure, but almost always the sample chops weren't the same and weren't laid down the same way, this is the closest that happened to me.

EDIT: and here's the original sample

I can't belive what people writes.

Quote:
"Sampling Arabian songs are really hard, hit-boy did a perfect? job for this!"
I mean come on, it's a usual chopping style, nothing special
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
You guys are tripping this song is a banger. It's not "lyrical underground hip hop" but good song to cruise to. Joey probably has the best verse. Yelawolf with the worst
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue42kilo ➑️
+1 for kicking that guy in the face. I'm a fan of hip-hop like Aesop Rock and it offends me that a clown can use a name even remotely similar.
Word, one of my good clients has been working with Aesop Rock for awhile, like over 2 years. Who is this asap clown?
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Great minds think alike I guess. Damn I like tht beat. I'm not into Asap that much but this joint is crazy and definately my favorite from the album. Boom bap to the core. Even scratches and all that. No hook just dope rhymes and a dope loop.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Nothing really impressive about the beat and the arrangment. All been done before (sounds a little too familiar almost lol). Mix is nice though. MC's do their work. Over all, it does what it does. It wouldn't stop me dead in my tracks to find out the who / what / when but I'm definitely not mad at it. It rolls, let it play....it's all good.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by iz_thewiz ➑️
This ASAP guy is contributing to the death of hip hop and laughing about it with his hoes. ASAP Rocky should ask Aesop Rock if he can be kicked in the face!
umad bruh
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley ➑️
Word, one of my good clients has been working with Aesop Rock for awhile, like over 2 years. Who is this asap clown?
the
"clown" sold more in 1 week than aesop rock sold in his career. umad as **** right now.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…