Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
very good beatmaking video (not mine)

On SP1200 and that only.
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sorry but that guy is annoying the hell out of me ( you know i' mean :S )

But he drops some knowledge
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Ok, dude speaks with a lot of passion.

But he starts the video saying "You can get the exclusive for 100."

Then he starts talking about what is real hip hop and what isn't.
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
the fact that the video was made on an jan 22, 2013 .. ill give this video +1000000

Last edited by MONSTA_ONE; 23rd January 2013 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: lol my bad spelling
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Very Dope video, nostalgic, But i just dont agree with this mode of thinking.

Saying thats how hip-hop should be today because thats how they made it in the 80's is exactly like people from the 60's refusing to call hip-hop real music because they dont play instruments.

I grew up on DMX, The Chronic 2001, and Jay z, my dads cd's. When I got my own cd's it was Lupe, Wiz Khalifa, and Kid Cudi mixtapes, something completely different than what came before.

Now im in my mid 20's and im not going to hate on a 14 yr old for liking cheif keef or whoever. Its just something different its not for me, im not supposed to like it, but thats what Hip-Hop is, its always new and fresh and re inventing itself faster than any other genre.
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
this dude is stuck in time. sp-1200 to maschine/pc is all 1 and 0's. they are both computers. I do agree that buying equipment back then was very expensive and only people who really wanted to make beats bought the equipment.

the music that the younger dudes are making today is not hip-hop . It's rap music,which is fine with me because I don't make hip-hop make hip-hop music anymore, I make rap music.
It's ok to make Rap music but don't try to pass it off as hip-hop when you don't honor any of the rules of hip-hop. Saying that "I am not a mc but a hustler who just raps to get bread" in an interview is not hip-hop. I'm fine with hip-hop being dead because I still love music.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Cool video, I thought it was nice to see someone only use an SP1200. However, I was much more impressed with his knowledge than his beat. He did mesh 3 different records, not including drums though which is challenging to do well.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
i didnt watch the whole video . i just like the fact people still use a sp 1200 in 2013 !!!!
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
18 minutes. Talked up a lot of cliches, so much so that he kinda showed himself up as trying too hard to be 'real' and kind of unreal? haha. It's cool, he can do his thing good on him, but real hip hop was very happy with itself, getting the chance to move into bigger studio's lol.

Dude was just trying too hard... but again, good on him. I can respect someone immersing themselves in the history and old ways, and trying to preserve the old art forms.... and be passionate about it. I just find it kind of sad and at the same time ridiculous that people have to sound so ignorant and high and mighty while they do it.

........................................................and then after a whole lot of blithering and stumbling though his process...............he made a wack beat.... by anyones standards... that was a beginners sampling beat... dont even try to give me the 10 second sampling time talk either lol

Not a good beatmaking vid at all. But all the best to the guy, I hope he grows up a little.
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl ➑️
18 minutes. Talked up a lot of cliches, so much so that he kinda showed himself up as trying too hard to be 'real' and kind of unreal? haha. It's cool, he can do his thing good on him, but real hip hop was very happy with itself, getting the chance to move into bigger studio's lol.

Dude was just trying too hard... but again, good on him. I can respect someone immersing themselves in the history and old ways, and trying to preserve the old art forms.... and be passionate about it. I just find it kind of sad and at the same time ridiculous that people have to sound so ignorant and high and mighty while they do it.

........................................................and then after a whole lot of blithering and stumbling though his process...............he made a wack beat.... by anyones standards... that was a beginners sampling beat... dont even try to give me the 10 second sampling time talk either lol

Not a good beatmaking vid at all. But all the best to the guy, I hope he grows up a little.
Something bugged me about the video and I didn't want to say anything. It wasn't how he talked, I know about 50 white dudes who talk the same way. I say, know what I mean too much myself, lol

I think it's just the fact where he kind of took shots at people using plastic gear who don't play well, only to take a piano sample and add like 3 notes. I don't know, I mean I sample all day so I know what he's talking about, I just didn't feel he backed it up.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i understand the slack but...

shawn lov is pretty cool, has a couple dope songs out and knows what he is talking about, not just another hyped dude making beat vids.
his dad recorded the first wave of mc's coming out of trenton... plus he runs a classic arcade which obviously is mega fresh.

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat you down ➑️
shawn lov is pretty cool, has a couple dope songs out and knows what he is talking about, not just another hyped dude making beat vids.
Is that even the same guy though? thats WAY better. Cool, chill drop knowledge. If he had have done that in the beat vid, he could have cut out maybe 10min of bull****tin and been the man!

Thanks for posting.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I swear these white guys with this mentality are over compensating just to be "down"
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderdan ➑️
I swear these white guys with this mentality are over compensating just to be "down"
what you mean?
this dude literally grew up in his dad's studio where hip hop was recorded like daily.

overcompensating for what?
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
For not being black...it messes with alotta white/suburban guys that wanna do hip hop and they come out on some super purist vibes...

I've actually had some good long talks with guys that came off like this about it and thats the gist I got...Its not a personal attack on anyone just a social observation I've made
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
blablablablabla *flashes ol ass gear* blablablablabla *wack beat*...next.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
For not being black...it messes with alotta white/suburban guys that wanna do hip hop and they come out on some super purist vibes...

I've actually had some good long talks with guys that came off like this about it and thats the gist I got...Its not a personal attack on anyone just a social observation I've made
maybe some people are just purists, i don't think it's a black or white thing.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I could be that simple...but at least where I'm located when u goto the boom bap spots its pretty much whites and chicos..when u goto a trap event a strip club its all black people except for that one paul wall looking guy with the neck tats..
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
The beat was umm yeah whatever

Word Life? by METAL GEAR SOLID BEATS on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I did notice dudes cap was popped, rolled and twisted beyond the designated criteria needed to meet real hip hop standards.

I'm going to have to put the first vid down to satire, because he was that dude in the second vid.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

my first thought watching this video was if there is still coffee in his starbucks cup and if so if its still hot or if its just an empty cup.

but maybe he just went to starbucks 5min before he started the video to show us what real hip hop is all about
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
i dont think the op thought his post would turn out this way lol
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTA_ONE ➑️
i dont think the op thought his post would turn out this way lol
lol yeah, to be honest, I wasn't impressed by the result beat at all, I just liked the fact he was doing it the old way with vintage samplers and rekkids.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by squatski ➑️
lol yeah, to be honest, I wasn't impressed by the result beat at all, I just liked the fact he was doing it the old way with vintage samplers and rekkids.
yea i feel ya
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I could be that simple...but at least where I'm located when u goto the boom bap spots its pretty much whites and chicos..when u goto a trap event a strip club its all black people except for that one paul wall looking guy with the neck tats..
lol ok ok.
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
this dudes whole argument isinvalidated by 9th wonder and his beat was very average at best
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
The problem I have is so many white guys have identity problems. Superstar-o, Johnny Juliano, etc. Superstar-o tries too hard to be black lol. Dude looks like a salamander. I'm white and I can't stand seeing guys like this talk. It ruins their entire credibility. I don't know why hip hop/rap has to have this ghetto vibe around it. I used to think that was cool but since I'm older I think that's ********. Yo I make beetz that mean I gotta speak like a fool yaaahmsayyyin. Dumb asses.
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This is a fun and funny thread. Thanks guys!
A lot of what I would have said has already been covered.
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
lol. Had to see what was so annoying about a beatmaking vid on sp1200..

LOL. Yeah, straight out the suburbs.
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
https://soundcloud.com/bluntedastron...od-feat-meyhem

These are the only cats making hip-hop right now.
πŸ“ Reply