Quantcast
Help? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help?
Old 19th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Help?

I need some direction as I don't know where to start I'm tryin to create melodies but find it so difficult. has anyone got any tips?
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Find a few songs you like, try to play those melodies by ear on the keyboard. Then apply those ideas and patterns you've learned from their songs in what you're doing.
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Be different, Learn an instrument.
Old 20th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

Random I know...but this is what the thread title reminded me of.

As much as much as it may cause a bit of controversy , do you know any music theory ?
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Is there anything more heart-wrenching than Luke crying, "Uncle Owen?!"
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsowa ➑️
Is there anything more heart-wrenching than Luke crying, "Uncle Owen?!"
LOL
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

Study music theory. This will give you an idea how notes get along with other notes and they react to others. Then learn some instruments. I can play Drums, bass, guitars and keys.

All those listed above with imagination and talent will give you the tools to make melody's
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
YouTube is your biggest friend here.

Oh, and showing some appreciation for someone spending time out of their day to reply to your post (a la please) can get you a long way too. Just saying...
Old 12th February 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsowa ➑️
Find a few songs you like, try to play those melodies by ear on the keyboard. Then apply those ideas and patterns you've learned from their songs in what you're doing.
I find that quite tough I'm at a very noob stage atm. I made a few beats but they were just playing around on the keyboard type of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-I-Addict ➑️
Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.
do you know any music theory ?
No I don't, I also don't really know where to start or what to look at. Well I do have an idea but how can I apply it to creating melodies? I'm up for the hardwork and all, just need a little direction. I see how music theory will help me learn notes and chords, chord progression etc. but how do I get that to help me with creating melodies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro ➑️
YouTube is your biggest friend here.

Oh, and showing some appreciation for someone spending time out of their day to reply to your post (a la please) can get you a long way too. Just saying...
My bad, only got back to this thread now. No don't get me wrong, I DEFINITLEY appreciate it and always willing to take on advice head on. Thanks to everyone with the serious replies.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…