48 khz vs 192 (yeti vs yeti pro vs behringer c1u - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
48 khz vs 192 (yeti vs yeti pro vs behringer c1u
Old 22nd January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by caineg92 ➡️
here is an OLD sample of me recording with this mic. don't pay too much attention to it, like i said it's really old (especially the performance. the beat, vocals + mixing were all done in about 20 minutes, literally.)

i made the beat (horrible i know, first time making a full beat, was just messing around) and recorded the vocals (the song was 2 tracked) on my samson c03u usb mic on a cheap laptop standing in the middle of a living room and 'mixed' it using beat by dre headphones.. i'm pretty sure the mixing took less time than making the beat and recording it.

i'm just wondering with the sound i got, in your opinions do you think it's possible to get listenable quality vocals from this setup.. i know it's a tricky question but i figured an audio sample would help.
Well, there's a lot to improve on the mix and the beat - but that was not the reason you posted it. Nothing wrong with the vocal recording that couldn't be fixed in the mix, imho, so I would say, stay with the mic for now and work on your mixing skills and improve your beats!
Have to admit, though that I personally don't do much Hip Hop, so maybe someone with more expertise in this may have a different opinion about it.
Old 22nd January 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
so you'd say with the right tools it's possible to get good, listenable results from this mic? that's my main issue, i just want something i know that has at least the possibility of people hearing it and their mind not going to the quality.

i don't make beats, so the ones i record on are much better in every aspect. i was just messing around on that particular one. i will however most likely be mixing the vocals. i guess i just want to be assured that i this particular mic is capable of giving a sound that people will listen to.
📝 Reply