Quantcast
percentage of beats placed? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
percentage of beats placed?
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
percentage of beats placed?

over the last couple years what would be the percentage of beats / songs you got placed?

zero % over here.
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
What is a placement? if TV counts one...if you talk about sold beats more...if it s major music label its zero.
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Nothing Major here yet either... no drama. But advertising and mixtape ****........... maybe 3%???? at a rough guess. I write a lot to the point where I set aside time to delete. If I made it then died... I definitely would not want unreleased 'Dayl Beatz' popping up.

But yeah... I think 3% may be about right... even generous... but 0% for a major... I am yet to hit any chart of any kind lol
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
everything counts.
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My homeboy Manuel want basically all of my beats...does that count?...lol
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
You can always keep filling your "beat box" but for the last 4-5 years, i have been making tracks with specific projects in mind. Everything gets used.
I feel blessed to live of what was originally my hobby.
Old 19th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahuel ➑️
My homeboy Manuel want basically all of my beats...does that count?...lol
haha been there
Old 19th January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat you down ➑️
over the last couple years what would be the percentage of beats / songs you got placed?

zero % over here.
A few weeks ago i made a beat for an collabo. The sound volume is low and the rapper did bad vocal recording but gave him advise not to record to close on the mic because of proximity effect. I just heared his new track and he did a better job.

The sad thing was he didn't want my mix because i made his vocals better.

For those why like to check out, here it is and you can also find other tracks on my SD Raffael77

A few weeks ago i made a beat for an collabo. The sound volume is low and the rapper did bad vocal recording but gave him advise not to record to close on the mic because of proximity effect. I just heared his new track and he did a better job.

The sad thing was he didn't want my mix because i made his vocals better.

For those why like to check out, here it is and you can also find other tracks on my SD Raffael77

[<removed by mod - there's a thread for self promotion, and this isn't it!>
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Less then 10 percent of them. Unless u blow up to the level of a swizz beatz kanye, just blaze etc., your gonna end up making a ton more then sold
Old 19th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown1music ➑️
Less then 10 percent of them. Unless u blow up to the level of a swizz beatz kanye, just blaze etc., your gonna end up making a ton more then sold
You must realize that those guys are producers, not just beatmakers. They produce "Songs" and make "Records" which include writing, arranging, and mixing. More "Songs/Records" get placed than just "Beats" alone. Artists and labels go to these guys for the records that they produce. It's not that most your beats are not good, but sometimes it's not enough for the artist or A&R to see the vision.
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by malgfunk ➑️
You must realize that those guys are producers, not just beatmakers. They produce "Songs" and make "Records" which include writing, arranging, and mixing. More "Songs/Records" get placed than just "Beats" alone. Artists and labels go to these guys for the records that they produce. It's not that most your beats are not good, but sometimes it's not enough for the artist or A&R to see the vision.
I was speaking personally. 10 percent of my beats (or productions) have sold
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
btw jbrown I beleive you worked with big names...dont you? what are you biggest tunes?
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat you down ➑️
zero % over here.
Same here for major label placements.
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have yet to master the art of making tracks interesting yet simple, so that an artist can sing or rap over it.
I attribute that to my attention span or lack there of.
Therefore:
I gots zero placements.
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffael77 ➑️
A few weeks ago...[/SOUNDCLOUD]
yeah those vocals don't sound right.
some nice stuff on your sc.
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
no majors....underground stuff and some TV....

i've been trying to transistion to dance music...at least if something does get placed it will have much more potential in getting big then rap in general...unless it's a major artist like Drake, Ye etc...
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

2 albums last year and two remixes and two albums this year, but the stuff for this year is yet to be released.

I've had more features lately than placements.
Old 20th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
In about 6 years of producing, I got 2 ad lease placements and about 4 sold beats over the Internet. Im sure I could sell more beats on the net, but I've been concentrating on catching bigger fish lately!
Old 20th January 2013
Most people want to be top notch but the fact is most people won't be on that level.
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
10% if you include mixtape placements.

JBrown Was Good.

I remember you from the Philly istandard showcase.

You killed it.

www.twitter.com/J_Serious
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…