Quantcast
Controlling plugins with controller in Ableton - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Controlling plugins with controller in Ableton
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Controlling plugins with controller in Ableton

I've been trying to use my MPD24's knobs to control parameters in plugins and I'm not having any luck. Anyone do this?
Old 18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
ableton is trash for that, for real. How are they gonna make a DAW where you gotta unassign everything first and why can't you just click on a knob in any plugin and move a fader/knob/button and have it sync up. That makes no sense
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger โžก๏ธ
ableton is trash for that, for real. How are they gonna make a DAW where you gotta unassign everything first and why can't you just click on a knob in any plugin and move a fader/knob/button and have it sync up. That makes no sense
Really? Are you sure you know what your doing? There's a really easy way to unmap everything in the preferences. Maybe spend at least a little time reading the manual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777
Old 18th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick easy โžก๏ธ
Really? Are you sure you know what your doing? There's a really easy way to unmap everything in the preferences. Maybe spend at least a little time reading the manual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777
There is no such thing I looked at the entire menu word for word.

And when I click "learn" on a parameter it will learn it and then a few seconds later, a different function will be affected within a plugin. It's like it doesn't stick to one thing, it switches up, depending on what I'm doing.
Old 18th January 2013
mp3
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Put the plugin into a rack, map the desired plugin parameters to the 8 Macro knobs, and when the rack is selected the MPD's 8 knobs will automatically control those 8 (or more - its possible to assign two or more plugin parameters to one Macro knob) parameters. Save the rack for future use, and next time you want to use the plugin, load the rack instead, and it will automatically be mapped out.

By the way, its supposed to switch up depending on what you're doing.
Old 18th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 โžก๏ธ
Put the plugin into a rack, map the desired plugin parameters to the 8 Macro knobs, and when the rack is selected the MPD's 8 knobs will automatically control those 8 (or more - its possible to assign two or more plugin parameters to one Macro knob) parameters. Save the rack for future use, and next time you want to use the plugin, load the rack instead, and it will automatically be mapped out.

By the way, its supposed to switch up depending on what you're doing.
Oh, nice! I will try it soon. It's going to be great not having to re-do everything each time I load a plugin!
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…