The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The OFFICIAL Akai MPC Renaissance Thread
Old 21st April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Tilted screen is what i would miss the most if i would be changning to Studio. And the knobs of course. I don't use the sound card (right now) so i wouldn't miss the interface thing. After those three it's basically exactly the same i think. Same amount of buttons etc apart from the keypad(?).
Old 24th April 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
What you're missing hardware-wise should be obvious, but for the things that might be less obvious:

You're missing 2 MPC Expansions (Ren comes with 4)

Overall, Ren has a 9 GB sound library that's included vs. Studio's 7 GB sound library (Due to Studio missing the 2 MPC Expansions)

Vintage mode now works equally more or less between the two as of v1.8. The MPC software itself is the same, basically allowing anyone with both a Studio and Ren to work on the go with the more portable option just the same as they can in the studio with the less portable option.

If the MPC Studio will suit your current needs just fine, what you're missing by not having the Ren isn't at all very important.
That's what i was thinking but with the new update 1.8.2 and i'm pretty much set in the sample and instrument dept.I didn't think i would be missing much as long i can control all aspects of said software from the studio.Now where tha hell is the mailman
Old 24th April 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepydog ➡️
Tilted screen is what i would miss the most if i would be changning to Studio. And the knobs of course. I don't use the sound card (right now) so i wouldn't miss the interface thing. After those three it's basically exactly the same i think. Same amount of buttons etc apart from the keypad(?).
Ah yeah forgot about the tilted screen

So its 4 things that the studio dosen't have
1.Tilted screen
2.Encoder knobs
3.2 Expansions
4.Audio interface
Old 21st May 2016 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Someone told me on the MPC 2000xl, they swing their hats on 1/16 to 55. On the Ren, nothing happens on 1/16 with swing. Is there a reason or way I can replicate the 2000xl swing?
Old 21st May 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELO23 ➡️
Someone told me on the MPC 2000xl, they swing their hats on 1/16 to 55. On the Ren, nothing happens on 1/16 with swing. Is there a reason or way I can replicate the 2000xl swing?
Its hard to tell with just 16th hihats, if at all. Your just moving the notes evenly on the MPC. Use a syncopated kick and youll hear it easier.
📝 Reply