The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Frank Ocean END Vocals... or Reverb...
Old 25th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Frank Ocean END Vocals... or Reverb...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LJ23wqBDLs

Frank Ocean's End SONG

When I first heard this song I couldn't get over how it sounded... I'm mainly focused on the reverse reverb-y vocals... the vocals are distant... and the sound design aspect of this track.. literally guys I'm blown away... I don't have the sightless clue about how this way made...

Sound Design... Most SFX recorded are typically mono, so I was wondering how did they make these SFX spread so much around the stereo image without sounding like SFX #1 panned right SFX 2 panned slightly left...

For the track playing in the backround I trying to figure out how did they make it duck and still be highly audible in the mix... and make it distant enough for it to sound like a radio in a car.

If any one has any ideas or possible insight, please feel free.. to let me know.. thanks..
Old 30th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
bump
Old 30th September 2012
Gear Guru
The answer is, they did it with magic. Man This blows your mind? Go listen to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs first album, now that blows my mind. People think way too highly of this album and this artist. I don't get it, probably never will.

Listen at 3:00, now this blows my mind!
Old 1st October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago ➡️
The answer is, they did it with magic. Man This blows your mind? Go listen to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs first album, now that blows my mind. People think way too highly of this album and this artist. I don't get it, probably never will.

Listen at 3:00, now this blows my mind!
What's better than one delay? Two delays. What's better than that? One with an infinite feedback. What's better than that? A roadie manually adjusting the delay speed and producing anime sounding artifacts.
Old 1st October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Allot of this is done especially pre daw effects was vocal mic into gutiar pedal chain - mic record amp - feedback record. Allot of punk bands did and still do with vocals today.
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phizal ➡️
Allot of this is done especially pre daw effects was vocal mic into gutiar pedal chain - mic record amp - feedback record. Allot of punk bands did and still do with vocals today.
Yes yes yes! You said it perfectly: A lot of punk bands did and still do this.
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyville ➡️
What's better than one delay? Two delays. What's better than that? One with an infinite feedback. What's better than that? A roadie manually adjusting the delay speed and producing anime sounding artifacts.
And you know what? That's exactly what they did, + they recorded the album live off the room.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…