Quantcast
Who invented trap music? - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who invented trap music?
Old 29th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yea, could give it all away, left out al kapone too, major player.

But back to the point, scan thru above. Then go check out the tracks toomp of that era, then mannie fresh of before & of that era.

Nothing at all like what was coming out of the tri state area. AT ALL!!! Night & day. Sorta, ehhh, close is the mannie stuff from 95-97, but still that Nola/woodie bounce.

I was 14 when when I 1st heard this stuff, so that means Drumma boy & shawty redd were about 10-12.
Old 29th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTA_ONE ➡️
yea i like trap to .. but i hate when people bite thats all .. even in so called real hiphop .. i hate fake dilla beats . and fake premo beats ect ..

i just had to clear that up b4 i get called a hater lol
hater

LOL
Old 29th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrides ➡️
You can distance it from Mannie all you want. Its just a small variant of his style though. I'm talking pre Cash Money and post. The trap style is a variant of New Orleans bounce music... which became popular and evolved in a certain direction when Mannie took the reigns. Shawty and others just added a lil flavor. All the major elements were already in place. 808's. Chord progressions. Tempo. Hi hats. Snares.
this is like saying Kook Herc invented drum n bass. All the elements were there; they just flipped it. DnB came from hip hop music, but it is different in its own way.

Trap music obviously has other elements from previous subgenres of music, but it still has its own distinct sound.

Grunge and metal have many of the same elements, but they are different too.
Old 30th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Haha is this thread the new flavor of the week? I don't think anyone invented anything. Music is kind of abstract. Things don't just suddenly turn into a genre. Beethoven probably invented trap. Or Michael Jackson. Those would be my guesses.
Old 1st October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamat Bagatov ➡️
Haha is this thread the new flavor of the week? I don't think anyone invented anything. Music is kind of abstract. Things don't just suddenly turn into a genre. Beethoven probably invented trap. Or Michael Jackson. Those would be my guesses.
Good Answer!
Old 1st October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Or this guy might have started it

Research Center

I like this too
http://research.culturalequity.org/r...ordingId=11930
Old 20th October 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGI ENT ➡️
Three 6 definitely comes to mind. They brought that sound to the forefront. Legendary Traxster had some trap beats to off the Psycho.Drama project.

I had heard a small amount of Shawty Redds music afew moons ago but didnt really take note of what i was listening to lol

When Lex Luger took off with HIS "Trap Music" buzz - i sat up and listened THEN thought of..... Triple 6 Mafia and L.Traxster

FL Studio has made it THAT much more easier to make Trap Music (just type Trap Music in Youtube)

The whole superfast snare/kick/hatz/808 Bending thing as well as the use of these "Chant" or "Vox" soundz still makes me listen to Trap.. even when i say im sick of listening to the same Melodies and drum/808 patterns in different Trap songs, i'll still end up throwing on a Trap Song lol
Old 20th October 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesEdward ➡️
Good Answer!

DEFINATELY a good point there!

Old 3rd September 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
First real trap music album

The first trap music album was recorded by a group called A-Dam-Shame in 2000 in Atlanta Georgia for Trumpp Tight Records. It was titled Dirty Game and it featured production by Shawty Red, Pimp C, West 10 (Stovall, Derek 121 Liggon , King B), Mr. Ku and Nitti
Featured songs Get It, Trap Niggas, Dirty Game, The Game Aint Rated
A-Dam-Shame - Trap Niggas (Atlanta Hood Classic) 2000 - YouTube
Old 3rd September 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
the sound has always reminded me of triple six. first act ive ever heard sound that way
Old 3rd September 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I give most of the credit to Pastor Troy.
Old 3rd September 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumG ➡️
+100% In addition, one needs to do some critical listening to T-La Rocks seminal " Boogie Down Bronx". Both of these tracks were produced by Mantronik. Bass Machine-1986/Boogie Down Bronx-1987. The technical and stylistic elements of Trap and Bounce start here.
Closed