Quantcast
Bouncing to audio in Ableton, or Pro Tools? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bouncing to audio in Ableton, or Pro Tools?
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Bouncing to audio in Ableton, or Pro Tools?

I started using Ableton to make my tracks where before I was using Reason with Pro tools. With Reason I just Rewired in Pro Tools and bypassed the mixer (as it's known that it doesn't sound great). Then I recorded all audio within Pro Tools.

Now, with Ableton, I can't rewire Ableton because it's using some of the same plugins/vsts that Pro tools is trying to use. So I would have to move all the plugins that Pro tools and Ableton are both using from the Plugins folder to the Unused Plugins folder. I don't want to do that because I have a million beats that I use Pro tools plugins in and not only that, there are effect plugins like Sound Toys that I may want to use in both simultaneously.

That said, will the sound quality be affected if I record to audio in Ableton then just import the Audio tracks into Pro tools? Or is it better to Rewire a program into Pro tools and record to audio in Pro tools?
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

There should not be any sound difference between the two programs (Pro tools & Ableton)

Cj
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It won't matter.

Personally I use ReWire Only when I'm creating a heavily layered sound like strings, brass, etc. Then I export it to wav and get to working in my main daw and stop rewiring.
📝 Reply