Quantcast
Drake Reverb - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drake Reverb
Old 15th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Drake Reverb

Was just curious if anyone knows how the reverb and delays were setup up on Drakes song -Crew Love. Cant seem to quite narrow it down at all. Mostly present on the weekend's vocals in the earlier part of the song. They do a hell of a job.
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Ahhh the studio they tracked the song on is on the Internet they use outboard gear I believe
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelburner40 ➡️
Was just curious if anyone knows how the reverb and delays were setup up on Drakes song -Crew Love. Cant seem to quite narrow it down at all. Mostly present on the weekend's vocals in the earlier part of the song. They do a hell of a job.
Both producers/engineer in that song SWEAR by waves plugs. It could be as simple as Rverb.
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Rverb is used on a lot of music. It is definitely one hell of a reverb. Im not listening to the track now to try and make a guess on what type of reverb but I would guess that they use the filters on that reverb very well. Maybe even some compression.
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'd be very surprised if RVerb was used. It doesn't sound that good. The 'verb on Crew Love is a large part of that song. It would have to be a good one 'cause of how much of it you hear. There's not alot of stuff to hide it behind, it's very lush in the way that a Lexicon Hall would sound to me. As for delay, it's hard to say.
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Rverb is a possibility it all relies on your creativity when using a tool but the delay maybe super tap I haven't listened to the song in a while but it is put together well in my opinion... But I was thinking it was a combo of verbs
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I was thinkin' more Echoboy. If it was SuperTap, it was not that alone as I can hear filters, saturation and decay fx on the tail of the delay too.
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.rOk.stA ➡️
I'd be very surprised if RVerb was used. It doesn't sound that good. The 'verb on Crew Love is a large part of that song. It would have to be a good one 'cause of how much of it you hear. There's not alot of stuff to hide it behind, it's very lush in the way that a Lexicon Hall would sound to me. As for delay, it's hard to say.
My man, you gotta revisit RVerb. Don't think of it as a reverb reverb, think of it as a character reverb. You can get some really really great stuff going.

However, I almost always find a need to eq both from the send aux, and the return, when I use RVerb. It doesn't give the most flattering tone right away - and I think that's why you might get turned off from it.
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyville ➡️
However, I almost always find a need to eq both from the send aux, and the return, when I use RVerb.
What do you mean by this? I know on the Aux track you can put an EQ after the reverb, but how do you EQ the return?
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyville ➡️
My man, you gotta revisit RVerb. Don't think of it as a reverb reverb, think of it as a character reverb. You can get some really really great stuff going.

However, I almost always find a need to eq both from the send aux, and the return, when I use RVerb. It doesn't give the most flattering tone right away - and I think that's why you might get turned off from it.
I'll have to revisit it. What are you using it for mostly? Plates, Rooms, etc.?
Old 17th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYPHY ➡️
What do you mean by this? I know on the Aux track you can put an EQ after the reverb, but how do you EQ the return?
Put a EQ before the reverb to filter and/or shape what you want the reverb to see and process. Then another one after to shape it to fit the track or effect you're going for. At least that's what I do, really for almost all of my verbs not just Rverb. Great character verb for sure!

I highly recommend watching the video "creating space" by Fab at puremix.net.
📝 Reply