Quantcast
How could G.O.O.D. Music Cruel Summer has so many co.Production credits - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How could G.O.O.D. Music Cruel Summer has so many co.Production credits
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
How could G.O.O.D. Music Cruel Summer has so many co.Production credits

Does anyone know How or Why there are so many co.production credits on this album.... Is this a case of a bunch of producers being locked up in a room and collaborating? (and/or) are producers just submitting beats and Kanye and his staff are finishing off the productions?...

FSD has revealed the tracklist and production credits for G.O.O.D. Music's upcoming album Cruel Summer, due September 18th.

01 – “To The World” – Kanye West feat. R. Kelly & Teyana Taylor [Prod. by Pop & Oak. Co: Hudson Mohawke, Million $ Mano, Ken Lewis, Travi$ Scott & Anthony Kilhoffer]
02 – “Clique” – Kanye West & Big Sean feat. Jay-Z & Cocaine 80s [Prod. by Hit-Boy. Co: Kanye West, Anthony Kilhoffer & Noah Goldstein]
03 – “Mercy” – Kanye West, Big Sean & Pusha T feat. 2 Chainz [Prod. by Lifted & Kanye West]
04 – “New God Flow” – Kanye West & Pusha T feat. Ghostface Killah [Prod. by Boogz, Tapez & Kanye West]
05 – “The Morning” – Pusha T, Common, CyHi The Prynce, Kid Cudi & D’banj feat. Raekwon and 2 Chainz [Prod. by IllMind & Kanye West. Co: Jeff Bhasker & Travi$ Scott]
06 – “Cold” – Kanye West feat. DJ Khaled & DJ Pharris [Prod. by Hit-Boy]
07 – “Higher” – Pusha T feat. The-Dream, Ma$e & Cocaine 80s [Prod. by Hit-Boy. Co: Kanye West & Mike Dean]
08 – “Sin City” – John Legend, Teyana Taylor, CyHi The Prynce & Malik Yusef feat. Travi$ Scott [Prod. by Tommy Brown & Travi$ Scott]
09 – ”The One” – Kanye West & Big Sean feat. 2 Chainz, Marsha Ambrosius & Cocaine 80s [Prod. by Kanye West. Co: Hudson Mohawke, The Twilite Tone, Mannie Fresh & Lifted]
10 - “Creepers” – Kid Cudi [Prod. by Dan Black]
11 - “Bliss” – John Legend & Teyana Taylor [Prod. by Hudson Mohawke]
12 - “Don’t Like (Remix)” – Pusha T, Kanye West & Big Sean feat. Chief Keef & Jadakiss [Prod. by Young Chop. Co: Kanye West, The Twilite Tone & Noah Goldstein]
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Laziness
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
because the original 'producers' just made a beat and not an actual song.
Old 15th September 2012
Brb
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Is this out?
I wanna hear some new cudi jamz
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Imagine all the records/albums where heads DIDN'T get their co-production credits... because cats were greedy with it...or mistakes...this is cool on they behalf if in fact they all produced said tracks...
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm hearing great things about the album it leaked a few days ago. I have it but haven't listened yet

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I mean. Obviously, different people bring totally different ideas to the table. I remember reading about either mdtf or wtt and kanye having all kinds of producers coming thru helping out. He'd always had other people helping him make tracks in some shape or form and that's what he's great at. Recognizing that another person, or group of people might be better suited to do this or that. Dude knows so many damn producers, lol. I mean, if I had friends like that, I'd definitley have em come thru. It's more fun anyway, and it's not about the money for him, at this point. But yeah, maybe he just wanted to spend time with the new girlfriend and she's probably pretty high maintenance.
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looking at that list closer though... Not just the producers, but really the rappers on there too... It does kinda look like they kinda just got who they could. Idk man. All I know is the last 2 songs I heard kanye on, on the radio
I wasn't feelin at all.
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You can stream it here:

G.O.O.D. Music (Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T and more) – Cruel Summer [Full Album Stream] | Fist In The Air

A lot of good sounds (no pun intended), some great ideas and other potential brilliance that falls flat. Not traditional Hip Hop in any real sense (few breaks here and there of course), but over all a good listen for anyone serious about producing music to keep up with the Jones'es. The production list there is a who's who of who's hot, coming up, leftfield and hype. In places.... it just doesn't mix. This doesn't detract from an ambitious and mostly rewarding listening experience and I can't wait to get my hands on a hi quality copy to really get amongst these mixes.

3 stars

Producer wise, depends who's tracks were sampled, what was used etc.... some of those combinations should, on paper anyway, turn out AMAZING!!!! but... ah well.
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
The most interesting inclusion is Hudson Mohawke. I read he did some work with Kanye. Pretty cool. I look fwd. to hearing it.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilts27 ➡️
Imagine all the records/albums where heads DIDN'T get their co-production credits... because cats were greedy with it...or mistakes...this is cool on they behalf if in fact they all produced said tracks...
TRUE
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looks like a lot of people were involved
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Whats the last track that kanye actually produced anyway? I hope he is not becoming a dr.dre.

Sent from my SPH-D710
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilts27 ➡️
check this out...sign the petition: Give Fans The Credit | GRAMMY.com

here's the press release

Quote:
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (August 23, 2012) — The Recording Academy® (GRAMMY.com | The Official Site of Music's Biggest Night), the organization internationally known for the GRAMMY Awards®, is launching a campaign to "Give Fans the Credit" — a new initiative that will help enhance music fans' discovery of new music by ensuring all music creators are credited for their work on digitally released recordings. Honorary Ambassadors who will help further awareness of this important issue include: 12-time GRAMMY®-winning producer T Bone Burnett; GRAMMY-winning songwriter Lamont Dozier; singer/songwriter/percussionist Sheila E; singer/songwriter Skylar Grey; five-time GRAMMY-winning producer and songwriter Jimmy Jam; two-time GRAMMY-winning producer and songwriter RedOne; and three-time GRAMMY-winning producer Don Was. Additionally, an online petition for fans to sign and a microsite with further info is available at www.givefansthecredit.com. For updates and breaking news, please visit GRAMMY.com | The Official Site of Music's Biggest Night and The Recording Academy's social networks on Twitter and Facebook: The GRAMMYs (TheGRAMMYs) on Twitter, The GRAMMYs | Facebook.

"The staggering pace of digital innovation gives consumers access to more and more information but in this case — digitally released music without liner notes — the music fan is getting less information," said Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy. "We can watch movies online with the credits included, and the same should be true for digitally released recordings. If music devices can access millions of tracks in the cloud, we're confident we can find a way to acknowledge those who created the tracks here on earth."

Songwriters, non-featured performers, producers and engineers make significant contributions to recordings but as liner notes are becoming less common, these creators rarely receive credit on digital players. Currently, the only credits consumers are generally able to see are the song title and artist; but music fans want and should have access to the rest of the information: the songwriter who composed the work, the producers and engineers who created the sound, and the musicians who bring the song to life.

The "Give Fans the Credit" campaign will address this issue on several fronts. First, music fans who want information about their favorite tracks can sign a petition at www.givefansthecredit.com. Second, the campaign ambassadors and other leaders at The Recording Academy will begin a series of discussions with digital music services to brainstorm ways to deliver more robust crediting information on digital music platforms. At the same time, The Academy's Producers & Engineers Wing will continue its efforts to ensure accurate data is contained within the music files.

By engaging consumers and the industry in this effort, we seek to give music fans the rich information and content they desire," said Daryl Friedman, Chief Advocacy & Industry Relations Officer for The Recording Academy. "Discovery is a key part of today's digital music services. By knowing who wrote, produced and played on the tracks, consumers will be able to discover even more great music. This will give both creators and fans the credit they deserve."

Established in 1957, The Recording Academy is an organization of musicians, songwriters, producers, engineers and recording professionals that is dedicated to improving the cultural condition and quality of life for music and its makers. Internationally known for the GRAMMY Awards — the preeminent peer-recognized award for musical excellence and the most credible brand in music — The Recording Academy is responsible for groundbreaking professional development, cultural enrichment, advocacy, education and human services programs. The Academy continues to focus on its mission of recognizing musical excellence, advocating for the well-being of music makers and ensuring music remains an indelible part of our culture. For more information about The Academy, please visit GRAMMY.com | The Official Site of Music's Biggest Night. For breaking news and exclusive content, follow @TheGRAMMYs on Twitter, like "The GRAMMYs" on Facebook, and join The GRAMMYs' social communities on YouTube, Tumblr, Foursquare, GetGlue, and Instagram.

http://www.grammy.com/credits/press-release/133419
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
He is

Those sample based beats like "otis", thats kanye

All the other stuff is other musicians and he does the dre/quincy thing
Old 15th September 2012
Why is it almost anyone following wack rappers these days.
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

Is the "Illmind" in the credits the same guy here on the forum? If so, BIG UPS!!!
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sounds pretty good so far (4 songs in)
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This album is not inspiring at all.
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
New God Flow is easily one of the best rap songs ever...mercy rides...aside from that the album is pretty whatever
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderdan ➡️
New God Flow is easily one of the best rap songs ever...mercy rides...aside from that the album is pretty whatever
Yes that's probably my favorite.
Old 26th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal1 ➡️
Is the "Illmind" in the credits the same guy here on the forum? If so, BIG UPS!!!
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like this album a lot. Reason I popped on here is to ask... what's going on with Kanye's vox in "Morning?" Sounds like crazy phase issues maybe...
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…