Quantcast
Is there an EQ Similar to Fruity Parametric 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is there an EQ Similar to Fruity Parametric 2
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is there an EQ Similar to Fruity Parametric 2

I saw a preview of this EQ and how it lights up to the frequencies and not an actual analyzer. I think this is very useful. Is there anything like it out there?
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Fabfilter Pro Q
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'd say EQuality is much more similar in design. You can see the frequencies with the analyzer and the controls are pretty much all the same. I used to use the fruity parametric eq all the time.
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
ReaEQ (part of the free reaplugs bundle) with unlimited bands

melda MEqualizer (also free)

The Melda EQ is a very powerful tool with more uncommon features:

AutoListen ON/OFF: As soon as you grab band you'll hear this band only. As soon as you release the mousebutton it switches back to normal listen.

Harmonics per band: Set up to 10 harmonics per band.

Fully customizable (in color and Size) GUI

Set up 4 different EQ settings (A-D) and morph between them with an X/Y pad.

Some of the settings won't stay in memory in the free version tho but IMO thats ok.

peace
Old 11th September 2012
Deleted User
Fabfilter Pro Q fits the bill.

If you'd like a Fabfilter friend 10% discount code, pm me your email address and i'll send you a code
Old 11th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpiper0815 ➡️
ReaEQ (part of the free reaplugs bundle) with unlimited bands

melda MEqualizer (also free)

The Melda EQ is a very powerful tool with more uncommon features:

AutoListen ON/OFF: As soon as you grab band you'll hear this band only. As soon as you release the mousebutton it switches back to normal listen.

Harmonics per band: Set up to 10 harmonics per band.

Fully customizable (in color and Size) GUI

Set up 4 different EQ settings (A-D) and morph between them with an X/Y pad.

Some of the settings won't stay in memory in the free version tho but IMO thats ok.

peace
Thanks guys on this picture, what color refers to the redish pinkish color on Fruity Eq2?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonator ➡️
Fabfilter Pro Q fits the bill.

If you'd like a Fabfilter friend 10% discount code, pm me your email address and i'll send you a code
No, it's not wat I am looking for, look how Fruity parametric eq visualizes the spectrum
Fruity Parametric EQ 2 - Effect Plugin

Can't find one EQ with that type of analyzer. FL studio will soon surpass alot of daws, all it's features are so cutting edge, it's portamento glide feature in the midi, just really cool stuff. That Spectral analyzer is really dope too!
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Lol, Pro-q makes this look like a toy, sorry.

But you are right, not what you are looking for. From memory adobe and waves offer this form of spectral visualization, pretty sure it can be found in wave lab too. It's pretty old anyway. I never used them, remember seeing them in write-ups and reviews.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennaOkoye ➡️

FL studio will soon surpass alot of daws, all it's features are so cutting edge...just really cool stuff.
I really doubt this will happen..
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
That eq was the only thing I missed when I stopped using FL studio. I just found it nice to use. Granted it does tend to lead to applying eq with my eyes instead of my ears. If Image Line decides to release it as a vst plug in, I'd cop it, if the price was right.

p.s. I have been using the Studio One EQ since and I find that it is just as powerful, I guess I just miss the aesthetic of FL's eq
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealatosis ➡️
That eq was the only thing I missed when I stopped using FL studio. I just found it nice to use. Granted it does tend to lead to applying eq with my eyes instead of my ears. If Image Line decides to release it as a vst plug in, I'd cop it, if the price was right.

p.s. I have been using the Studio One EQ since and I find that it is just as powerful, I guess I just miss the aesthetic of FL's eq
I think they might have released it a while ago in a special pack or something..but iirc the plugins they sell seperate are always buggy as hell. Edison is a good example of that.
Old 12th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thanks guys on this picture, what color refers to the redish pinkish color on Fruity Eq2?
As you can see in the pic I posted the colorband underneath the curve shows that low amplitude is represented as blue after that green and high amplitude is represented as red.

Simply install it and play with it.

peace
Old 12th September 2012
DAH
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i absolutely love FL parametric 1, not 2.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow, that MEqualizer almost looks too good to be true for a freebie. Dry/Wet, Soft sat, upsampling and different scenes (A-H??) not to mention tweaking with those types of nodes.... I hope theres a catch.... I've spent money on EQ's lol
Old 13th September 2012 | Show parent
Hobbs_Won
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl ➡️
Wow, that MEqualizer almost looks too good to be true for a freebie. Dry/Wet, Soft sat, upsampling and different scenes (A-H??) not to mention tweaking with those types of nodes.... I hope theres a catch.... I've spent money on EQ's lol
It looks like much of the functionality is there in the free version

Quote:
The software is totally free of charge, so please download and enjoy! It would be great, if you would place link from your website to ours. That helps us get more funds to continue developing free software for you! Thank you!

You should consider upgrading to a professional version (Pro bundle). This is what you get:

You can change size and style of the plugins.
You can access sonogram feature in analyzers and equalizers.
You can manipulate your own presets.
Most plugins can perform upsampling which minimizes aliasing, therefore it is useful to improve sound quality.
The plugins will not contain the nasty big box in the bottom with our clickable logo.
You will make us happy and let us develop more free software ;-).
MeldaProduction MEqualizer, free audio effect
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
good stuff! yea downloaded melda eq! lets see how this baby runs...
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I saw a preview of this EQ and how it lights up to the frequencies and not an actual analyzer. I think this is very useful. Is there anything like it out there?
Do you want it as a (Windows) VST to use in another DAW? You can buy it here: Juice Pack VSTi https://support.image-line.com/jshop/shop.php
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by teceem ➡️
Do you want it as a (Windows) VST to use in another DAW? You can buy it here: Juice Pack VSTi https://support.image-line.com/jshop/shop.php
Heyy I want to use it on mac as au

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
Old 19th November 2018
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I asked FL if they'd ever sell the EQ 2 plugin for Mac and they said they weren't making one any time soon.

I agree that it looks fantastic and very intuitive the way they show the bands. It's very unique. Melda has a similar plugin, but it keeps crashing my Reaper DAW. And I'm not a fan of Melda products.
Old 19th November 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Damn throw back thread haha... I bought fabfilter since but I don’t use it much; I don’t know why I didn’t gel with it.
Old 19th November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JblKid95 ➡️
Damn throw back thread haha... I bought fabfilter since but I don’t use it much; I don’t know why I didn’t gel with it.
What's your goto EQ?
Old 20th November 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like TDR NovaGE
HiPass, LoPass and 4 parametric (and dynamic) bands.

peace
Old 3rd December 2018
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
DMG Audio EQuilibrium has the same style of spectrograph/waterfall display: DMG Audio : Products : EQuilibrium

Old 4th December 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by goom ➡️
What's your goto EQ?
Equilibrium
Old 20th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Equilibrium
The Equilibrium demo is pretty cool but I'm loving the hell out of Spline EQ but it doesn't really do thin surgical EQ.

Old 20th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The Equilibrium demo is pretty cool but I'm loving the hell out of Spline EQ but it doesn't really do thin surgical EQ.

Oh that looks fire, im def gonna check that out
Old 21st January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Oh that looks fire, im def gonna check that out
There's a free version I always use, but the paid version is only $29. And the middle mouse click on the numbers lets you enter in your own values.

Best of all it sounds smooth and aggressive at the same time. Some EQ plugins are too transparent and subtle, it's hard to tell what's going on.
Old 21st January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
There's a free version I always use, but the paid version is only $29. And the middle mouse click on the numbers lets you enter in your own values.

Best of all it sounds smooth and aggressive at the same time. Some EQ plugins are too transparent and subtle, it's hard to tell what's going on.
I hear you. Fixed my room up a lot, so def excited to try a new eq. Thanks
📝 Reply