Quantcast
What do you guys think of the Stanton ST.150 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What do you guys think of the Stanton ST.150
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
What do you guys think of the Stanton ST.150

Just wondering if anyone owns the Stanton ST.150 and what are your thoughts about it? I am looking to upgrade to either it or the Technics 1200. Mainly I will be using it to sample and record Skratching in the studio.
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealatosis ➑️
Just wondering if anyone owns the Stanton ST.150 and what are your thoughts about it? I am looking to upgrade to either it or the Technics 1200. Mainly I will be using it to sample and record Skratching in the studio.
numark ttx betters them both
Old 11th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMan ➑️
I currently have Numark tt500. I like them and all except the tonearm seems a little cheap to me. I just wanted to try something new this time around.
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
not the techs, but very high quality
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have a pair and they perform rock solid. Only drawback is that they have 2 start/stop buttons. One which is placed where the 45 single adapter normally is (on the Technics 1210) and you gotta be careful not hitting it if you position them in battle mode..
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezionjd ➑️
I have a pair and they perform rock solid. Only drawback is that they have 2 start/stop buttons. One which is placed where the 45 single adapter normally is (on the Technics 1210) and you gotta be careful not hitting it if you position them in battle mode..
The Numarks I have also have the two start/stop buttons. Personally I really like it, especially with tweaking with the brake and start up speeds it makes for some creative skratches by having it right there where my thumb is while skratching. It is one feature that I'm liking with stanton over technics.

How easy is it to adjust the brake speed on the Stantons? Do I have to remove the platter or can I do it on the fly during a skratch session?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMan ➑️
Technics, Vestax, and Stanton's best offerings over Numark all day every day
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobsmcgee ➑️
Any one know where you can get Vestax tables these days, it seems like they have been getting phased out
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobsmcgee ➑️
Straight and curved tone arms / controls you can have in battle or regular mode/ better vibration dampening/ pitch lock (useful for sampling) /adjustable torque up to 4.5k vs techs 1.7/ easily replaceable strobe light adjustable start and stop on the fly/no ground wire and removable rcas and power cord/phono line a d usb out
I used to have 12's and ttx's but never used the 12s so its just ttx now
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The Numarks I have also have the two start/stop buttons. Personally I really like it, especially with tweaking with the brake and start up speeds it makes for some creative skratches by having it right there where my thumb is while skratching. It is one feature that I'm liking with stanton over technics.

How easy is it to adjust the brake speed on the Stantons? Do I have to remove the platter or can I do it on the fly during a skratch session?
Brake and start up knobs are located right next to the light fixture on top of the turntable, no need to open anything.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezionjd ➑️
Brake and start up knobs are located right next to the light fixture on top of the turntable, no need to open anything.
Dope, looks like I found which table I'm getting next. I'm concerned about the tonearm (I found the quality on my numarks to be a little wanting.) What can you tell me about the construction, how acts during skratching, etc?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
[i've had a pair of the STR8 (straight tone arm) I've had them since they first came out. still work perfectly never a single problem with, digital out is useful for sampling if you want to keep simple.

seriously never let me down, i've moved house so many times in the last 10 years and they are the only piece of equipment that are completely unfazed, and the only piece of equipment apart from my monitors that I still own and still works perfectly since i moved out of my parents 10 years ago.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxide54 ➑️
[i've had a pair of the STR8 (straight tone arm) I've had them since they first came out. still work perfectly never a single problem with, digital out is useful for sampling if you want to keep simple.

seriously never let me down, i've moved house so many times in the last 10 years and they are the only piece of equipment that are completely unfazed, and the only piece of equipment apart from my monitors that I still own and still works perfectly since i moved out of my parents 10 years ago.
That's it, you made the gearslut in me have some major lust for these, if only I didn't have to buy a new mixer first. Well I guess I gotta start selling some beats or something.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Dope, looks like I found which table I'm getting next. I'm concerned about the tonearm (I found the quality on my numarks to be a little wanting.) What can you tell me about the construction, how acts during skratching, etc?
It`s very sturdy built, and the platter torque feels stronger than the 1210`s.
Not that it`s needed, but if you`re used to the 1210`s, the Stanton will feel like it`s about to take your arm off first time you try it, lol.
(Well, kinda, not that strong, but stronger than the Technics anyhow..)

I mainly use Serato for scratching these days, but the 30-40 times i`ve had a regular vinyl on the platter for cuts it has performed flawlessly.

It seems like Stanton foresaw the Technics discontinuation of their turntables, and threw all their resources into filling that gap to be in the market. Smart move if you ask me.

And also it`s a relief to actually be able to say that this is the first turntable since the 1210, that i feel could maybe lift the legacy and become the next industry standard for turntablists like myself.
πŸ“ Reply