Quantcast
how do i match a sample to the logic grid? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
how do i match a sample to the logic grid?
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
how do i match a sample to the logic grid?

basically i have a sample and when the verse comes in its a different tempo. it sounds fine, but i have a plugin im using to have a turntable stopping effect on it. now the intro and first chorus is on time, but when it comes to the verse its a bit longer due to the tempo being slower and its not aligned with the grid so it messes up the rest of the track. the plugin is set to come in at the end of the bar and i have it on the first chorus fine, but since the rest is off time i cant do it for the whole track.

so how do i align a sample that has 2 different tempos to the grid and play normal?
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Chop the sample to the grid, or do a tempo change at the required time in the tempo list editor.
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Use a metronome
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
hold option and click and drag at the bottom right corner of the sample.

this will timestretch your audio for you, your results may vary though, but it does work well if your not timestretching too far. i used to timestretch all my beats before i found out about loop mode. i usually got it to work pretty well.

hope this helps.

also exs can do loop mode on or off, if you want to learn more about that.
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Easiest way is to find the tempo then chop based on that. You can then change the tempo and stretch after then drag into the esx. Works well in most cases and will give you basically perfect 2 or 4 bar chops
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…