Omnisphere or fantom? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Omnisphere or fantom?
Old 12th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackV ➡️
LOL Omnisphere sucks. Some good sounds, plus a **** load of strange mystifying ambience pads that nobody will ever ****ing use.
ADSR is your friend my friend!

More and more I create the sounds from scratch from waveforms. I haven't found another program yet that could route, filter and create sounds from original design like Omni. It just takes some time to understand even the basics of synthesis.
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Thanks everyone, in the end I decided to cop a Korg M3 expanded from my fellow Gearslut Evilpeezy. Which is a newer synth. Can't wait til it gets here.
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Nevermind that sell fell through. Back to the drawing board.
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by madehumble ➡️
I need some insight from my fellow Gearslutz. I want to purchase some more sounds for my studio. I have Maschine, Komplete 8, Reason, Sampletank, Logic 9, etc.(All paid for by the way). Well I was going to add Omnisphere to the fold, but now I have an opportunity to cop a Roland Fantom X7 for 700.00 in mint condition. That seems to be a great deal. In a way, I want to have a dedicated keyboard in my studio, so I can quickly dial up ideas. But I know Omnisphere sounds are great from doing collaborations using it. As far as my keyboard controller, I use a Axiom Pro 61, currently. Which one would you guys grab, and also how are the sounds and drums on the Fantom X series. Thanks.
Damn you have a lot of good sounds...but I would go with Omni
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I hate my Fantom X's sound engine...yet it's the ONLY synth I use. Period. It's a love hate relationship. I've grown so used to it I almost can't use anything else.

Whoever said the XV5050 was the best sound engine Roland has, I agree. I'm still sad that my XV fried itself years ago. I miss that thing...
Old 17th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I have both, and Fantom all the way.

But they are like comparing apples to oranges. Omnisphere doesn't have any usability as far as stock sounds, I believe. Just a bunch of crickets and weird ambient noises. It takes like 3 hours to find a useful patch.
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Either get omnisphere

Or by a f-load of VSTi's...
📝 Reply