Quantcast
NO it's not a game changer (software sequencer/drum machines etc....) - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NO it's not a game changer (software sequencer/drum machines etc....)
Old 11th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrides ➡️
Game changing latency.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by godphaser ➡️
I used to do that using my RME Multiface.

The driver is dope (still updated!) and the PCI card coupled with a nice mobo allows to have a super tight latency.

I highly recommend this audio interface.
Thanks for this, but I cant run PCI as I'm using a Macbook Pro and Openlabs Miko, so i'd prefer Firewire, USB or Thunderbolt.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrides ➡️
Jahrome posted a screenshot of his mac and the Ren on one forum. Very low latency.
Game changing latency.
I have a UAD Apollo interface. I get the same performance whether I use it or the Ren's Core Audio driver. In 3 weeks, I should have the Apollo Thunderbolt expansion. Mos def curious to see if there will be an improvement in performance. UAD boasts even lower latency....and I am already satisfied many times over.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofreak ➡️
Thanks for this, but I cant run PCI as I'm using a Macbook Pro and Openlabs Miko, so i'd prefer Firewire, USB or Thunderbolt.
That sucks cause PCI cannot be matched latency wise, except prolly Thunderbolt cause the technology is awesome but I don't see much great use in the audio world.

BUT, I guess it should be possible to put a RME PCI card into your Miko. I had the Timbo prototype at my crib back in the days and the hardware was all classic PC pieces (asus mobo for the one I had) and as the PCI is linked to the interface via a firewire cable (but it ain't FW, they just use the same connector), I'm quite sure you can find a way to make that work.

Maybe try with someone who has an old PCI interface collecting dust cause software wise, I'm almost sure it will work.

Or you could go with an USB interface, less tight latency but prolly a simpler solution (but you know, it's GS, I HAD to propose a geeky solution).

Of course, the PCI solution won't be usable on your MB (except if you go bat**** crazy and buy a magma box) but a super tightly MPC controled Miko would be a dope ass setup I guess.
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
@ Jahrome.

God shut up already. All you do is pop off in the forum. I bet you money that you are more of a collector than a actual producer making you a poser. I bet your tracks are wack.
Why don't you take 2 weeks off from posting, you are wasting you time we don't appreciate you..at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Gearslutz App
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You don't have enough stamps in your passport....talking smack just encourages me. I can do that too. But I prefer to talk about gear.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
That sucks cause PCI cannot be matched latency wise, except prolly Thunderbolt cause the technology is awesome but I don't see much great use in the audio world.

BUT, I guess it should be possible to put a RME PCI card into your Miko. I had the Timbo prototype at my crib back in the days and the hardware was all classic PC pieces (asus mobo for the one I had) and as the PCI is linked to the interface via a firewire cable (but it ain't FW, they just use the same connector), I'm quite sure you can find a way to make that work.

Maybe try with someone who has an old PCI interface collecting dust cause software wise, I'm almost sure it will work.

Or you could go with an USB interface, less tight latency but prolly a simpler solution (but you know, it's GS, I HAD to propose a geeky solution).

Of course, the PCI solution won't be usable on your MB (except if you go bat**** crazy and buy a magma box) but a super tightly MPC controled Miko would be a dope ass setup I guess.
Thanks ever so much for the info.

If the PCI card is low profile or no bigger than an RME Hdspe AES, I can run it in my Miko.

Failing the above i'll roll with an Apollo as long as I can get PCIe speeds with the future Thunderbolt card.

*If a UFX had a thunderbolt option it would be a no brainer for my set up.*
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Dude, I've never insulted you, stop being such a drama queen.

It's just boring that every 3 posts on MPC Ren or Maschine you pop up with most of the time useless comments and even some false infos. YOU fuel the flame war.

What I find really hilarious are company Stans who don't even do music but spend their days talking on the internet like it's their job to do so.

Dude, you said it yourself, you collect MPC's, I stopped collecting stuffs since the garbage pail kids. I'm a musician and a mix engineer, not a Stan.

Now keep my name outta your posts and I'll do the same.
You sound like a d rider when you say "stan" LOL

thought id point that out
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thanks ever so much for the info.

If the PCI card is low profile or no bigger than an RME Hdspe AES, I can run it in my Miko.

Failing the above i'll roll with an Apollo as long as I can get PCIe speeds with the future Thunderbolt card.

*If a UFX had a thunderbolt option it would be a no brainer for my set up.*
You're welcome.

And yeah, the card for the Multiface IS a HDSP type of card, look at the pics:

But for sure, a nice RME over Thunderbolt would be awesome and the only reason, to me, to move from PCI/PCIe.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwonderful ➡️
You sound like a d rider when you say "stan" LOL

thought id point that out
I wanted to answer you then I listened to your music and felt really sorry for you.
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I wanted to answer you then I listened to your music and felt really sorry for you.
Both of yall are acting like little 12 yr old girls on their first period. Change your tampons or handle it the old fashioned way....

Text battle rapping! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I510
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariah ➡️
Both of yall are acting like little 12 yr old girls on their first period. Change your tampons or handle it the old fashioned way....

Text battle rapping! Lol
Dude, the guy came from nowhere and insulted me bluntly.

Now you do the same while all I was doing is trying to help Retrofreak, after having a lil argument with Jahrome which is ended.

WTF GS has became...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
You're welcome.

And yeah, the card for the Multiface IS a HDSP type of card, look at the pics:

But for sure, a nice RME over Thunderbolt would be awesome and the only reason, to me, to move from PCI/PCIe.

Thanks i'll look into this.

Is there such thing as an RME interface that can function with both HDSP and Firewire or USB?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Thanks i'll look into this.

Is there such thing as an RME interface that can function with both HDSP and Firewire or USB?
I really wish.

The only way to use a Multiface on a laptop is via a pcmcia card type II interface (or again, a magma box).
Closed