Quantcast
NO it's not a game changer (software sequencer/drum machines etc....) - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NO it's not a game changer (software sequencer/drum machines etc....)
Old 10th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by godphaser ➡️
Dude, you don't even do your rep job correctly, those threads aren't readable and finding interesting infos is almost impossible.

I just read one comparison you did and you brought a wrong fact about Maschine.

Bring us some noise, we're musicians, not chatterboxes, make us nod on a Ren made beat Jahrome!

And please, GS moderation, do something, this forum is dying.
First...the 'wrong' Maschine infoou speak of I acknowledged already....twice in the same thread. That function was recently added and is not documented in the manual. There is no dedicated sof button that says 'Edit' or 'Open Plugin' or anything related. Regardless...it won't be the first or last time I am wrong about any product.

This forum is dedicated to hip-hop production, engineering, etc. These tools we speak of are a huge part of it. This is a forum...we write and will continue to write. I don't post beats now and won't do so in the near future. But.....to move this along, I will record a video of the Ren and Maschine....and post it right here.
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Jahrome, Maschine was inspired by the MPC not MPD. The MPD was just a midi controller. There even were other midi drum pads out there before the MPD dropped.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
First...the 'wrong' Maschine infoou speak of I acknowledged already....twice in the same thread. That function was recently added and is not documented in the manual. There is no dedicated sof button that says 'Edit' or 'Open Plugin' or anything related. Regardless...it won't be the first or last time I am wrong about any product.
Nah, I talk about the MPC program import, Maschine was clearly advertised with this option and you wrote here recently that it was not possible.

That's the whole point why all those threads are useless: infos are given by reps who are not reliable and then they evolve into fankids flame wars.

As you say, these are tools to make music, so show us music done with those tools, I don't care about what a rep think about his concurent or whatever +1 or -1 type of ish. Or whatever thoughts from people who don't own a MPC or Maschine.

Stop the nonsense, put music first.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Nah, I talk about the MPC program import, Maschine was clearly advertised with this option and you wrote here recently that it was not possible.

That's the whole point why all those threads are useless: infos are given by reps who are not reliable and then they evolve into fankids flame wars.

As you say, these are tools to make music, so show us music done with those tools, I don't care about what a rep think about his concurent or whatever +1 or -1 type of ish. Or whatever thoughts from people who don't own a MPC or Maschine.

Stop the nonsense, put music first.
Maschine has always had MPC Program (basic program) import. That is an error not intended to mislead anyone.

Now you are contributing to this 'nonsense'. I tell you what....I'll continue to talk drum machines...and you can create music with these drum machines and put on You Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend ➡️
Jahrome, Maschine was inspired by the MPC not MPD. The MPD was just a midi controller. There even were other midi drum pads out there before the MPD dropped.
All of these products were essentially inspired by an MPC. But Maschine's hardware is more like an MPD with its own dedicated software. MPD + Reason....MPD + Live, etc have been stables for many years before Maschine showed up which is still the same concept. MPD has always had templates so they were integrated with various software. Maschine simply came with its own software that was better integrated...nothing more. Not an original idea. I wouldn't be surprised if the original programmers used an MPD....as they were being sold and marketed to be used with Native Instrument's Battery.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah for sure you'll keep on talking, the thing is, I wonder who'll be reading.

But yeah, I'll def keep on beatmaking.

And I never contribute to nonsense, cause look, I come here to talk about Hip-Hop engineering and production, if I wanted some Akai diehard fan ish, I would go to mpc-forums.

But whatever, I hope Akai's paying you good cause you spend a HUGE time on these forums.

Seriously, too much noob ish, too much fankids flamewars, smh at the Hip-Hop section right now.
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This is a huge section. The titles are clear and will help you avoid reading something that will annoy you...

I'm just saying.....
Brb
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome ➡️

All of these products were essentially inspired by an MPC. But MPC RENNISSANCE hardware is more like an MPD with its own dedicated software. MPD has always had templates so they were integrated with various software. MPC RENNISSANCE simply came with its own software that was better integrated...nothing more. Not an original idea. I wouldn't be surprised if the original programmers used an MPD....
Fixed it for you brah
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yeah for sure you'll keep on talking, the thing is, I wonder who'll be reading.

But yeah, I'll def keep on beatmaking.

And I never contribute to nonsense, cause look, I come here to talk about Hip-Hop engineering and production, if I wanted some Akai diehard fan ish, I would go to mpc-forums.

But whatever, I hope Akai's paying you good cause you spend a HUGE time on these forums.

Seriously, too much noob ish, too much fankids flamewars, smh at the Hip-Hop section right now.
Loving akai is just as irrational as hating maschine... Or vice versa... I have both, they are tools is all
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmunkey ➡️
Loving akai is just as irrational as hating maschine... Or vice versa... I have both, they are tools is all
Its like the old days of Nintendo Vs Sega.

I don't think the Ren was ever sold as a game changer to be honest.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
For me....Akai only makes one product that I buy...and always will buy...an MPC. I own Maschine too...and I will buy MKII controller coming out in a few weeks. Roger Linn finally releases his vaporware.....I'll buy that too.

It's irrational to get emotional over talking about drum machines. I find these conversations hilarious. Even more so when folks start lying on you and insulting you....(E-Maddox, Godphaser?)
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
For me....Akai only makes one product that I buy...and always will buy...an MPC. I own Maschine too...and I will buy MKII controller coming out in a few weeks. Roger Linn finally releases his vaporware.....I'll buy that too.

It's irrational to get emotional over talking about drum machines. I find these conversations hilarious. Even more so when folks start lying on you and insulting you....(E-Maddox, Godphaser?)
I'm the same and actually have no interest in the newer models... Its the emotions and language that makes me laugh... Its like arguing over your favourite colour, who.cares?
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterism ➡️
Its like the old days of Nintendo Vs Sega.

I don't think the Ren was ever sold as a game changer to be honest.
Both nintendo and sega had its place, of course you'd always meet someone with a neogeo :rolleyes:
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm the same and actually have no interest in the newer models... Its the emotions and language that makes me laugh... Its like arguing over your favourite colour, who.cares?
Obviously, a lot of people care. We continue to have similar discussions over the years. New people join in. Those that are 'annoyed' by the conversations let us know how I unhappy their lives are because we have these entertaining conversations. It's like they feel left out and have no friends....so they interrupt our lively discussions to break up our good time.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Dude, I've never insulted you, stop being such a drama queen.

It's just boring that every 3 posts on MPC Ren or Maschine you pop up with most of the time useless comments and even some false infos. YOU fuel the flame war.

What I find really hilarious are company Stans who don't even do music but spend their days talking on the internet like it's their job to do so.

Dude, you said it yourself, you collect MPC's, I stopped collecting stuffs since the garbage pail kids. I'm a musician and a mix engineer, not a Stan.

Now keep my name outta your posts and I'll do the same.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahuel ➡️
Honnestly these bitch fights are getting annoying, the topic here is about new items being or not game changers vs what was already available a few years back.

You been arguing for 9 monthes over that box, why do you need to invade every thread with that BS?
Honestly I wanted to know if people preferred all in one solutions or separate things for production, like a DAW that does recording/mixing. Something separate that speaks with it for sampling etc.... Also, I wanted to discuss how important it was to have something new to do in one piece what you used to do with separate pieces (meaning you really don't get any new ability, you just do it in one box)

But the thread has been hijacked by the promoters. Honestly, they can have Gearslutz completely. I don't need to learn to sample or run a drum machine, or read music or mix a record. I've been living off music since I was a kid. This place has become a huge waste of time. As far as the Ren. I initially would have been one of the first people wanting one. I've wanted akai to do this for quite a while. But given my workflow is fine and I know their rep for bugs, the attitudes expressed by their beta testers (who represent the company) have made me less likely to purchase their products. I don't really "need" them and having them pushed in the name of "advice" is some BS. If akai allows this, I don't have to part with my dollars for something I'd probably not use much anyway.

But yeah GS is dif from the days when EQ3, Thrill, Rick and a bunch of others actually talked gear and gave tips. The bigger it's grown the more it's become future producers.
Tony's the mod and I don't think he even bothers reading a lot of this BS here. I know this is totally NOT what he and I visioned (along with others here) when we pushed to start this forum.

Fuk it.heh
Old 10th September 2012
Hobbs_Won
back to the premise of the OP....

I actually would prefer a AIO "suitcase-ish" type of unit...but....for all the programs I HAVE.

Which is why I lusted for the Miko.....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
But the thread has been hijacked by the promoters. Honestly, they can have Gearslutz completely. I don't need to learn to sample or run a drum machine, or read music or mix a record. I've been living off music since I was a kid. This place has become a huge waste of time. As far as the Ren. I initially would have been one of the first people wanting one. I've wanted akai to do this for quite a while. But given my workflow is fine and I know their rep for bugs, the attitudes expressed by their beta testers (who represent the company) have made me less likely to purchase their products. I don't really "need" them and having them pushed in the name of "advice" is some BS. If akai allows this, I don't have to part with my dollars for something I'd probably not use much anyway.
MY EXACT THOUGHTS.
Old 11th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Maddox ➡️
^^^ If someone sucked before the Ren/Studio they'll still suck just as much after they get the new Akai controller.
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Remember the days when the arguments were about MPC 60s and 3000 vs the 2000s and 4000 models ..lol

Sent from my SGH-T759
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Dude, I've never insulted you, stop being such a drama queen.

It's just boring that every 3 posts on MPC Ren or Maschine you pop up with most of the time useless comments and even some false infos. YOU fuel the flame war.

What I find really hilarious are company Stans who don't even do music but spend their days talking on the internet like it's their job to do so.

Dude, you said it yourself, you collect MPC's, I stopped collecting stuffs since the garbage pail kids. I'm a musician and a mix engineer, not a Stan.

Now keep my name outta your posts and I'll do the same.
Now whose being the drama queen now?

Obviously, certain things I say go way over your head. When I say things like I "collect MPCs" or do "2 bar loop once a year" that is just to add humor to these conversations. The economy is bad...who in the hell is going to spend $6000 on gear to not make any music (oh..wait, thats me)...when you have these musicians and mix engineers that cry that the Ren is too pricey?

Stan, shill, whatever.....I won't stop discussing MPCs so get over it. If you would stay on topic (which as always the gear), we wouldn't be having this type of discussion which obviously irks you...while I am enjoying the exchange.

Bottom line....stay out of sampling drum machine threads if you are going to get emotional about MPC talk.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I would've ordered the Ren, if it weren't for Jah.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
One of them is going to Forat for a custom mod. One will always remain in my studio. There other one for any travel....
Didn't you say the same thing about the 5k when you were pushing those down everyone's throats? I noticed you are no longer a 5k user. Please explain.

CS
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK ➡️
I read the threads about the MPC ren vs maschine and saw people saying how the MPC could have been a game changer. Then I went to make a beat using my 4k, kontakt, battery 3 and pro tools. I now realize I actually LIKE having separate programs/pieces that work together. My outputs of my analog modules come to protools via a sub mixer on a pro tools aux channel. The digital outputs of my mac are routed the same way (pro tools aux), so Kontakt and other standalones come in via the digital out from my mac on an aux to the pro tools mixer. Opening separate plugins as standalones allows my 32bit computer to access all of its ram for diff programs. So in essence I'm able to sequence on my 4k''s sequencer my hardware pieces, Kontakt for pitch/Time shifting along with my orc libraries etc.... with Battery 3 for drums and other VSTs for whatever I decide to bring in. There's nothing I can't do to a sample. I can drag sounds directly into my 4k, sample directly in my 3k, real time pitch shift etc.. Sequcence with editing in protools.

Anything I want to do, I can. Then it dawned on me, none of this new **** will be a game changer. I can already do anything I can imagine/desire to.

Realizing the power I already have at my finger tips, I made a beat. Don't need to buy the new stuff that will allow me to do what I'm able to do today, so I can call it a "game changer". When you avoid the marketing hype of new ****, it becomes apparent most of us can do anything that can be done to a sound with what's at our fingertips already.
I too would like to use my DAW as a sound module for my MPC sequencers, but need a new great sounding interface with low latency (Pref Mac/PC compatible to be used with PT10 and Studio ONE).

So far i'm thinking:

1.Apollo (for future thunderbolt support and UAD plugs)
2.RME UFX

What do you guys recommend?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Bottom line....stay out of sampling drum machine threads if you are going to get emotional about MPC talk.
Dude, you're such a clown, you don't even notice how you make a fool of yourself all over the internet.

I never get emo, that's your stuff, cause you're a rep, I don't care about Maschine or MPC, I got both, I do beats and I'm not paid by NI or Akai. When I want a sampler or whatever, I buy it, I don't make a trailer for it all over the internet.

I told you to get my name outta your posts, I got it you have understanding issues because you said few wrong things about Maschine, although you have it and use it for several months, you didn't know it can import MPC programs (really funny for the self proclaimed MPC expert) and export MIDI. Maybe you didn't read the manual or don't really use it, I don't know, but I can tell you you're a bad rep.

Now please, stop talking to me and keep on your advertisement as it seems GS is all ok with it.
Old 11th September 2012
IBE
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Jahrome,
Do you know how many machines the Akai software can be registered on? The reason I ask is because I have an IMAC, laptop and main pc I want to install it on . Is it only good for one machine once you use the serial #?
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyo ➡️
Remember the days when the arguments were about MPC 60s and 3000 vs the 2000s and 4000 models ..lol

Sent from my SGH-T759
Sadly yes. Mpc forums about 10 years ago...

It was 60/3000 vs 2k/2kxl vs 4k and never did find out who won...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBE ➡️
Jahrome,
Do you know how many machines the Akai software can be registered on? The reason I ask is because I have an IMAC, laptop and main pc I want to install it on . Is it only good for one machine once you use the serial #?
I want to say it's at least three and no more than 4. You will have to contact Akai if you exceed the max allowed authorizations.

@godphaser
Have you calmed down yet? No? What I meant to say for Maschine is that it doesn't "import MIDI' nor does it "export individual programs with samples" like an MPC does. NI is trying to bring this to an OS update. I made an error...I got over it. You should too. And I do own Maschine which is sitting next to my Ren. Do I need to post pics in my Ren trailer? MKII is coming out Oct 1. I plan to get a white one.

I'm not using an MPC 5000 as the Ren is my primary MPC. Nothing more to the story although I know you were hoping otherwise. I do have the right to choose which MPC I use, no? And I will write what I want to write (within forum rules of course). So stop stalking me...SWF.
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Low latency Interface suggestions for MPC to DAW?...

Anybody??
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Jahrome posted a screenshot of his mac and the Ren on one forum. Very low latency.
Game changing latency.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofreak ➡️
Low latency Interface suggestions for MPC to DAW?...

Anybody??
I used to do that using my RME Multiface.

The driver is dope (still updated!) and the PCI card coupled with a nice mobo allows to have a super tight latency.

I highly recommend this audio interface.
Closed