Quantcast
Best way to set up a beat selling website? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best way to set up a beat selling website?
Old 8th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Best way to set up a beat selling website?

I've been wondering for a long time as I'm a web designer/programer also and I've seen most websites just with a flash player or something like that. I rather install a script like Rock It Productions' wich has all the sections for the beats and each one is a new post,,, but I can't seem to find a good script to install. Besides, some of this guys use Wordpress but I don't seem, to find plugins that would help me with a website like this.
Any input on this one? Thanks!!
Old 8th September 2012
Brb
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Everyone can have a site but you need to things to be successful

1. A easy way for your customer to buy the beats
(store/player combo)

2. TRAFFIC

I use a service called music centro, it is Wordpress based. But I don't have a Wordpress site lol so I'm waiting for them to release thier embed-able html5 store.
Old 8th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brb ➑️
Everyone can have a site but you need to things to be successful

1. A easy way for your customer to buy the beats
(store/player combo)

2. TRAFFIC

I use a service called music centro, it is Wordpress based. But I don't have a Wordpress site lol so I'm waiting for them to release thier embed-able html5 store.
Looks interesting, but they offer the same service myflashstore offers and others do.
Old 8th September 2012 | Show parent
Brb
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Say ➑️
Looks interesting, but they offer the same service myflashstore offers and others do.
I think music centro is better because it works on mobile devices like iPad. My flash store is flash based so you could potentially miss a lot of sales
Old 8th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Say,

I'm in the exact same boat. Just finished school for web development, so I feel like I should be making my own site for such matters. From the ground up. So I bought a domain and hosting - but haven't found the right solution as far as players go, preferably with built in payment options - such as the ones found on soundlick. I'm starting to think I should have just paid the $10 for a VIP soundclick account instead of the 60 I did for domain and hosting. I know people who do well selling beats off soundclick and other sites that set you up to sell your beats. That takes care of the traffic part and hassle of trying to find the right player....and preferably free player too....all the best ones cost money of course, and I'm not good enough at scripting or programming to build my own.

So far out of the offerings I have seen though, Wimpy seems to come closest. Wimpy Website Audio and Video
Old 9th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampire ➑️
Say,

I'm in the exact same boat. Just finished school for web development, so I feel like I should be making my own site for such matters. From the ground up. So I bought a domain and hosting - but haven't found the right solution as far as players go, preferably with built in payment options - such as the ones found on soundlick. I'm starting to think I should have just paid the $10 for a VIP soundclick account instead of the 60 I did for domain and hosting. I know people who do well selling beats off soundclick and other sites that set you up to sell your beats. That takes care of the traffic part and hassle of trying to find the right player....and preferably free player too....all the best ones cost money of course, and I'm not good enough at scripting or programming to build my own.

So far out of the offerings I have seen though, Wimpy seems to come closest. Wimpy Website Audio and Video
WORD! We on the same... but I rather have my own website. Soundclick is cool but you can do way more with your own site. You can even do some SEO work to drive more traffic. But the player idea don't seem to be the best one... maybe an audio website selling script? Yet I can't find a good one.Or the ones I found are expensive.
Old 9th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I design my own page and add a beat shopping cart, I use the free one Free Shopping Cart/Store for SoundClick Producers | Sell Beats | MyBeatCart.com. I also add my SoundClick player to the page.
Old 11th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
We are developing a player at the moment which will be compatible with the iphone/ipad etc. This will be announce via our facebook/twitter networks/mailing list.
Old 11th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Why not just build your site yourself and use soundcloud to host your beats and a paypal account for a paypal store? the button people buy beats from soundclick is just a paypal store with custom button
Old 12th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
^ Quality... mainly.
Old 22nd February 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
still no options?

I recently purcahsed an account with music centro so i could embed their player onto my website. the purcahse option are great but they told me prior to purchase that i would be able to create multiple playlists for different pages. example, have all my dance tracks on one page using their player and have all my hip hop tracks on another page using the same player. It seems like this is impossible. Multiple playlists is a must for me because i have clients from completely separate backgrounds with completely different needs.

Anybody know of a player that allows multiple playlists?
πŸ“ Reply