Quantcast
ATTN: UK heads - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ATTN: UK heads
Old 31st May 2006
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
ATTN: UK heads

Im down these ways on vacation, from Toronto, Canada, an I was wonderin what is the best way to approach radio stations in the London area (or surrounding areas) with independent music? Any radio stations I should approach (for example:Choice FM, Kiss 100, BBC 1xtra, any internet radio stations too, etc.) and maybe sum radio personalities you could suggest. I've seen people selling mixtapes in Camden an I was wonderin sum other places that are good for selling mixtapes if u have any ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Peace

PS:Ima Long time reader first time poster. Anybody interested in gettin together an doin a track or whatevers clever, I emcee, make beats an all dat Awould be cool. I can post up my myspace or sumthin, wouldn't mind workin wit sum more UK talent. I got about 7 different cds wit myself an ppl my camp is workin wit.
Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years

Post ur myspace man, i'll check it out..i'm in the UK, lemme hear it....

Then i may have some idea what would be helpful to you... the stations you listed are all valid..

Peace.

Zilla / Deckwrecka
Old 31st May 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
www.myspace.com/resinof35playa

i got the second song on there, an sum next ish, u could pass off more on mainstream type of station, plus a track thas a different than both those, all different type a vibes but not too much, mind the mix on there tho, we re-recorded the vocals an beat so the qualities alot better than whats on my myspace, i jus havent reposted it up there
Old 1st June 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
*bump*
Old 2nd June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Rez!! How's it going over there? Making any head way? Doesn't look like you're having much luck with the responses here thus far. Come on guys, 66 veiws and no responses? Nothing going on UK way?
Old 2nd June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPl
Nothing going on UK way?
Lots going on with the underground scene, but very little underground cuts get played on the mainstream stations..

For 1xtra, check their hip hop page at http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/hiphop/

For each of the shows listed their, theres links to email them....

Theres tons of internet radio shows....

might be a good idea to check

forums.ukhh.com

Whereabouts are you stayin' at Resin ?
Old 6th June 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
*bump*
Old 6th June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
???
Old 9th June 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Respect on the link still
Good lookin out Fam
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…