Quantcast
.::My Preamp Needs Repair::. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
.::My Preamp Needs Repair::.
Old 21st May 2006
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
.::My Preamp Needs Repair::.

I have an Avalon VT-737 SP that my uncle gave me last week. I was wondering if anyone knows of any places in Los Angleles that does repair on these? It smokes everytime I try to plug my mic into it. I tried contacting Avalon, but they keep giving me the run-around.

Thanks in Advance...
Old 21st May 2006
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
It will make a great door stop. Too much hype around that pre. Nice to look at I guess.
Okay so maybe I'm just jealous no one will give me one.
Old 21st May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
First of all, have you stopped trying to plug it in? If it's smoking, you could be burning up important boards with important traces on them. How old are the tubes? Have they ever been changed, and how old is the unit?

Try putting a post in Geekslutz. They should be able to recommend a repair tech.
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
First of all, have you stopped trying to plug it in? If it's smoking, you could be burning up important boards with important traces on them. How old are the tubes? Have they ever been changed, and how old is the unit?

Try putting a post in Geekslutz. They should be able to recommend a repair tech.
Yes, I stopped plugging it in. And yes, one of the boards looked fried. The tubes are brand new. The preamp is about 6 months old. I posted this in Geekslutz.
Thanks.heh
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I took a power amp to a place in North Hollywood called Audio Design Service - 818-754-0467.

I would guess that they could fix it, though I'm not sure if they're an authorized Avalon dealer. You could also call Avalon Tech support and see if they could recommend someone.
Old 21st January 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace โžก๏ธ
I took a power amp to a place in North Hollywood called Audio Design Service - 818-754-0467.

I would guess that they could fix it, though I'm not sure if they're an authorized Avalon dealer. You could also call Avalon Tech support and see if they could recommend someone.
Same thing happened here. Any luck with the repair ?
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…