Quantcast
Rode NT1000, seen a lot of heavy hip-hop guys recording with it? why? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rode NT1000, seen a lot of heavy hip-hop guys recording with it? why?
Old 25th November 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Rode NT1000, seen a lot of heavy hip-hop guys recording with it? why?

I was wondering, in the last few days I've seen videos of Ski Beatz recording Mos Def with this mic, I've seen Lil Wayne recording a verse for reference with it (not a serious recording though but still, it's Lil Wayne, i'm sure he could afford 20 U-87's if he needed them, and he can afford throwing them to the garbage after the use ).
Plus a big time hip-hop producer from my country uses this mic on a daily basis.
This mic goes new at 329$ which is dirt cheap for the guys I've mentioned.
What's the hype about?
(and please don't start with the "It's THE hip hop mic, it makes rappers get a good flow and lyrics" sarcastic comments. pleaseeee)

+
I'm using a Rode NT1-A, does anybody has both of them and can tell me how do they differ in their sound?
Old 25th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Gabriel ➡️
I was wondering, in the last few days I've seen videos of Ski Beatz recording Mos Def with this mic, I've seen Lil Wayne recording a verse for reference with it (not a serious recording though but still, it's Lil Wayne, i'm sure he could afford 20 U-87's if he needed them, and he can afford throwing them to the garbage after the use ).
Plus a big time hip-hop producer from my country uses this mic on a daily basis.
This mic goes new at 329$ which is dirt cheap for the guys I've mentioned.
What's the hype about?
(and please don't start with the "It's THE hip hop mic, it makes rappers get a good flow and lyrics" sarcastic comments. pleaseeee)

+
I'm using a Rode NT1-A, does anybody has both of them and can tell me how do they differ in their sound?
Its a piece of garbage.
Old 25th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I think the hype is trebly sound

Check our AAmicrophones.com He'll sell you a chinease made mic frame with upgraded parts inside the mic frame for about 400 dollars. for 700 i think he'll sell you a c-12 type tube mic which has the high end crispy responce will sound good in hip hop.
Old 25th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
There is no hype with this mic (except the hyped high end)

And no, no heavy weights are using this mic for vocals
Old 26th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I haven't heard too many people rave about them for hip hop and I personally am not crazy about the Rode series but if it works well with a particular vocal, who am I to argue??? It's always about getting the right sound!!!
📝 Reply