Quantcast
Best or Easiest Daw/Method To Sync Acapella To Instrumental (Remix For Hip Hop) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best or Easiest Daw/Method To Sync Acapella To Instrumental (Remix For Hip Hop)
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Best or Easiest Daw/Method To Sync Acapella To Instrumental (Remix For Hip Hop)

What's Good Ya'll

I'm currently trying to put together a remix, but as always I'm having a little difficulty getting things lined up.

I usually use FL studio for this, but alot of the time it doesn't detect the tempo properly...NOR do i use the "given" tempo of original songs anyway.

So is there a good way to stretch, count, tap, or whatever to make this process smooth and ACCURATE more than anything else.

Or am i doomed to 30 minutes of chopping and stretching here...LOL

I have access to cool edit and fl studio here at home...
And a colleague with ableton, guitar player with cubase

Any other technique..program..whatever...let me know
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ableton Live. Perfect for remixing.thumbsup
Old 21st November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
When I change the tempo, I'll determine the tempo of the acapella (usually googling [song title] [artist] [BPM] [DJ]), figure out the tempo I want to make it (and compose my instrumental in), figure out the ratio of [original tempo]:[tempo I want to make it] and use time stretch to stretch it by that ratio.

I either use accessories calculator, google calculator, or a TI, but I prefer the feel of outboard calculators heh. Nothing beats my texas instruments rig.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmusic ➑️
When I change the tempo, I'll determine the tempo of the acapella (usually googling [song title] [artist] [BPM] [DJ]), figure out the tempo I want to make it (and compose my instrumental in), figure out the ratio of [original tempo]:[tempo I want to make it] and use time stretch to stretch it by that ratio.

I either use accessories calculator, google calculator, or a TI, but I prefer the feel of outboard calculators heh. Nothing beats my texas instruments rig.
What's the formula you use for the algebra 2 challenged
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgthefuture ➑️
What's the formula you use for the algebra 2 challenged
(tempo of acapella) divided by (desired tempo)

So, an 80bpm acapella that you want to speed up to 100bpm would give you 0.8, and you'd time stretch the acapella to 0.8 times it's current length. Doing it the other way by mistake is always annoying lol.
Old 22nd November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just use Serato, turn on pitch correction so the original pitch is preserved (if needed), and match the acapella up over the beat using my turntables. Much faster than ableton in my opinion.

Have your remix beat playing.

Play the beat/music from the acapella you are using and match it up with your beat.

Throw the acapella by itself over the remix beat. Done.

Any competent DJ can handle this. Find one. If they can't, they need their DJ pass revoked.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow...another "for hip hop" thread.
Isnt this **** gettin tired and played out already,fellas??
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I just tap the tempo to the original track on youtube. I usually have chop up the verse and chorus and line them up. I use reaper and fruity. I never time stretch the vocals...
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman ➑️
Wow...another "for hip hop" thread.
Isnt this **** gettin tired and played out already,fellas??

Wow...another thread where PSM bitches about the thread topic and offers absolutely no advise. Isn't this **** gettin tired and played out already, fellas??

Anyway, I might go about it the hard way, but I always chop the acapella into verses, choruses, bridges, etc and stretch, pitch correct for each chop. May not be the easiest thing, but I like doing it this way so I can change the vocals around a bit.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Cubase's tempo warping works well for that, when you have music or vox that has been recorded freely and not to a metronome. It allows the project tempo to follow the tempo of the music, the tiny variations that makes music sound... live and not stiff.
zzz
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
word is easy..
πŸ“ Reply