Quantcast
Good Job Serban! Livvi Franc feat. Pitbull- Now I'm that Bitch Mix - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Good Job Serban! Livvi Franc feat. Pitbull- Now I'm that Bitch Mix
Old 14th November 2009
Good Job Serban! Livvi Franc feat. Pitbull- Now I'm that Bitch Mix

I was preparing for tomorrow's dj set and I bought the Livvi Frank song- Now I'm that bitch (Radio Edit) because I am doing a fashion store/makeup type of event. Anyway not important. Moving on to the Mix...

Serban did an awesome mix for this song. I really liked how Womanizer was mixed too, and I can hear a pattern with the mid frequency oriented mix. Also, I know that he likes to do lots of ITB work, but I wonder...

What would be the steps for creating a mix like this? I can tell that the vox are very forward in the mix. There's a good amount of mids but the bass is strong too. Overall I find it's a flawless mix. Production is great too.

Does this even happen in the mixing stage? What do you think would be added in the mastering stage as far as EQ/Compression? How about producing? How close is it supposed to sound when producing? The Auto-Tune is there but I think they went to the limit of being overdone. Still good.

If only they could do an SOS article about this song, it would be great.

Any advice from experienced Mixing Engineers, Experienced Producers too would be appreciated... I think this mix is not for the faint hearted... Am I wrong to think that this is a great mix or not? I just wonder how you can make a mix so crisp yet not harsh on the ears.

By the way, Pitbull's part in the song is crisp, and it sounds better than his own album! (personal opinion)

I like the songwriting too. (Sounds a bit like Rhianna)
Old 14th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The synth in the beat is some preset in either fm8 or massive that you get if u hold down one note like nas-hero
Old 15th November 2009 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS ➡️
The synth in the beat is some preset in either fm8 or massive that you get if u hold down one note like nas-hero
It sounds great too. I'm really trying to know how Serban gets his mixes so crisp like this and still work ITB.

I played it at a Dj set today and a bunch of people were asking me about this song specifically, there's something to it that makes it sound great on big speakers. Then I played Big Girls Don't Cry and the mix wasn't there, sorry JJP (too safe and neutral).

Another song that sounds really hot when I'm spinning is Flo Rida Feat. T-Pain- Low... This song really comes alive with a good soundsystem. Fabian is gifted when it comes to mixing. He really nailed that Kick drum. It sounded like thunder today.
Old 15th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislago ➡️
Another song that sounds really hot when I'm spinning is Flo Rida Feat. T-Pain- Low... This song really comes alive with a good soundsystem. Fabian is gifted when it comes to mixing. He really nailed that Kick drum. It sounded like thunder today.
And it overall still sounds very transparent and clear. Sounds great on high end systems too. Great mix.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…