Quantcast
16 Levels action with a keyboard with the MPC 1000 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
16 Levels action with a keyboard with the MPC 1000
Old 10th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
16 Levels action with a keyboard with the MPC 1000

I cant figure out how to use the 16 levels on the MPC 1000 but with an external Keyboard. For example I have a bass tone sample in my MPC which I want to play a bassline via 16 levels but I want to use my midi keyboard. The sound is in the MPC not the PC or the keyboard.

Does the MPC allow this?Even in 16 level mode my keyboard will only trigger each pads sample individually. If I have a Kick,snare,HH and crash on 4 different pads and then have a bass sample on pad 5 and in 16 level(tune) mode,my midi keyboard will not trigger the bass in different tone levels. It still will trigger the snare,HH,Kick ect. individually from each note on the keyboard.

SECONDLY. HOw do cats incorporate a DAW with the MPC? Do they normally sequence evreything in the MPC and then dump all the audio into their DAW to mix? Or do they dump the audio and midi tracks from the MPC to edit the midi in their DAW?
Old 10th November 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
If your keyboard has a sequencer you can set it to transmit on different channels based off of what track you're on. For example, the drums could all be on channel 1 and the bass on channel 2.
Old 11th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You can't do what you want to. 16 level functions are dedicated to pads only. You can't use 16 keys to trigger 16 different velocity levels of a sample.

Get JJ OS2 or 2xl and use instrument programs. These work like keygroups on a rack sampler or a mpc 4000. It will spread your sample across an entire keyboard range, as opposed to just 16 pads.

There are no rules to how u use the mpc. Sometimes I sample into the mpc, chop in it, sequence in it. Sometimes I use the mpc simply as a controller and sequence in Logic. Other times I sequence on the mpc but hold the samples in Battery and other plug ins. There is no right or wrong way. Just work.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…