Quantcast
Trying to get Mbox2 and Adobe Audition 3 to work - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trying to get Mbox2 and Adobe Audition 3 to work
Old 10th February 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Trying to get Mbox2 and Adobe Audition 3 to work

Whats up everyone, I was recently given Adobe Audition 3 and I was just interested in making it work with my mbox2. I select the ASIO drivers in Adobe and the mbox2 comes up but when I arm a track to record and I play something from my mpc the sound levels don't move and no sound is recorded.So what am I doing wrong.Thanks for the help
Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Brownie ➑️
Whats up everyone, I was recently given Adobe Audition 3 and I was just interested in making it work with my mbox2. I select the ASIO drivers in Adobe and the mbox2 comes up but when I arm a track to record and I play something from my mpc the sound levels don't move and no sound is recorded.So what am I doing wrong.Thanks for the help

Chenge the incomming source (the inwards arrow on every track) for recording to the option that your mbox is plugged into. If you are using spdif. select either mono or stereo (i select mono) and then which input and channel (if using mono). it owuld look somewhat similar to: "L spdif" or "R spdif". But figure it out.

If you dont know what you are using simply try them all.
Old 20th December 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Ok well I just wasted 4 fuxking hours of my life figuring this out, so mabey i ckan help summwwuunnn.

Go to "Options" select "monitoring" select either "smart input" or "always input" depending on whether you have record enabled or not (smart input you can monitor only with record enabled, where as always input always monitors what you're playing into the input which is selected for the given track).

Atleast this is what I believe, though my beliefs have been known to change somewhat, at times somewhat drastically, other times it is a subtle paradigm shift.

jesus ****ing christ i can't believe that took so long, the default should be "always input" you cacksackers now 1'm a glad 1 ss..s .... n/m jejeje

now lets see if I ckan record something.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
also make sure your inputs are set right on your soundcard, I had that right the whole time and was RIPPING my hair out...actually at one point I had changed the soundcard (1010lt) settings and then changed the monitor settings to the right one, but since at that point i had switched to the wrong soundcard settings (even though I knew I had the right in the first place) I still did'nt see any meters, until I switched back to the correct soundcard input settings and THEN finally set the monitoring settings to "smart input"...but remember if you don't have record enabled and want to see the meters set it to "always input" under "monitoring" hopefully someone finds this there was same question on atleast 2 other forums with nobody offering my solution i think one was homerecording but eh fux dat site and dat fake ass chucky wannabe cocksucker, kid a nerd.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
why would you use Audition when you have Pro Tools?
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by trill ➑️
why would you use Audition when you have Pro Tools?
thats what I was thinking
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
helluva job, brownie
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Audition 3.0 is a much different beast than any previous Audition versions.

You cant edit like this in PT from what I know:

You can spot-delete or attenuate the gain on any frequency there. A3 also has a pro-level internal wave editor. Many DAW's require an external editor. I can finish a project by putting ISRC codes onto a disc. Its a much more complete DAW package than many on the market, without doubt.

I think certain people may seek its uses. People who read comparison charts of what one DAW offers than another doesnt. I dont think the Audition crowd is nearly as impressed with "being in a clique" as PT users are. Meaning, theres a LARGE % of people who get into Pro Tools and Able. Live just because someone else got into it, not necc. because its the best program available.

However, I readily invite someone to point out to me why PT blows A3 away. Here's a point: I dont use A3 for Midi implications hardly at all. Theres little VSTi work that I need to do since I import all instrument tracks from Reason and then record the rest of the instruments, and rebuild the mix, in Audition. I know A3 lacks for Midi, so maybe thats the biggest reason.
Im not looking to get flamed, or get called an idiot. Im seriously admitting I dont know the "missing link" or super-secret reason why PT would be considered vastly superior. Im fully asking to get set straight. There may be a huge factor im not considering.
I'll just finish by saying I've met more people who say "Oh, Audition 1.5?" like they dont even know about 3.0. I dont think most people do n the average, or are aware of how powerful it is.

Also, the best thing about A3 to me that really made me throw any other DAW in the recycle bin is the absolute fact that the engine itself is much lower latency that many DAW's allowing you to make all kinds of effect and EQ changes in real-time, not having to wait for it to load the change. THAT right there, my friends, is progress. I'm literally versed in just about every other major DAW except PT, if you can fathom.

So thats why im legitimately asking about glaring differences between A3 and PT. My supporting points were to show how I myself benefit from it, so Im totally not lookin' for a fight, I was just layin out why it works for me.
Lemme know what im missing.

Also, doesnt PT require special hardware thus supporting the fact that its mostly a marketing thing? No special hardware for A3 and I'd make everyone in this forum **** a brick if they heard my guitar recorded on A3 through the damn "Line In" jack on my tower ~ no interface at all, lol x2. I still cant beleive it. Most every industry has a product thats marketed extensively and is over-priced and popularity driven. And that popularity often comes at the price of an expensive marketing campaign that often entails convincing the average person its the best on the market. Thats how I see PT.
Old 21st December 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I wasn't trying to say X DAW is better then Y DAW.

The thread starter already has his 'special hardware' which is why I was wondering why he wants to use Adobe?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by trill ➑️
I wasn't trying to say X DAW is better then Y DAW.

The thread starter already has his 'special hardware' which is why I was wondering why he wants to use Adobe?
I was clearly asking why PT would be considered better is all. And I mean that form a consumer POV, not a fanboy POV. Im really curious to see what Im missing. Your inquiry about the special hardware is equally as valid and, yeah I'd wonder the same. Im just in a position of not knowing what all the fuss about PT is actually about.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RasCricket ➑️
I was clearly asking why PT would be considered better is all. And I mean that form a consumer POV, not a fanboy POV. Im really curious to see what Im missing. Your inquiry about the special hardware is equally as valid and, yeah I'd wonder the same. Im just in a position of not knowing what all the fuss about PT is actually about.
Honest there is nothing special about PT. I wish they had simplified the work flow a bit and made it look a bit more attractive (which they are doing with 8).

I was young and needed a new pre-amp so the Mbox II + DAW package looked good at the time. Trust me if I had to start all over again I would've used Cubase or Logic, but it all worked out in end anyways.

A good friend of mine who's in the same field also has PT. If he needs to get some vocals tracked or if I need some bass we can help each other out and just take the session file home.
πŸ“ Reply