Quantcast
Kontakt pitch wheel - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kontakt pitch wheel
Old 7th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Kontakt pitch wheel

How do you link the pitch wheel to kontakt?When I move it,kontakt midi icon lights up so its getting the data.Do I have to set the midi code in my controller or something to a specific code?
Old 7th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiroy ➑️
How do you link the pitch wheel to kontakt?When I move it,kontakt midi icon lights up so its getting the data.Do I have to set the midi code in my controller or something to a specific code?
It should be linked already. It is for me. You have to put way more detail into this question if u want an answer.
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well hypersonic,blue and any of my VST samplers wont work with my pitch wheel.Im not sure what other detail to give.I have a korg 49 midi controller. When I try to use it even with Kontakt's sample channel set to omni it doesnt move the pitch wheel.If you have Kontakt when you do anything with your midi controller the midi icon lights up.So when I move the pitch wheel that icon lights up indicating its getting a connection but it doesnt affect the pitch wheel in kontakt or any other sampler.

I guess my questions is ,does your pitch wheel automatically work in all of your sampler or do you have to go in somewhere and set something up in your sampler?If it works automatically with in all your samplers then it sounds like it could be a wrong midi message issue in my midi controller.
In which case there probably is a specific code that the sampler want to know to use the pitch wheel. But what is the code?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiroy ➑️
Well hypersonic,blue and any of my VST samplers wont work with my pitch wheel.Im not sure what other detail to give.I have a korg 49 midi controller. When I try to use it even with Kontakt's sample channel set to omni it doesnt move the pitch wheel.If you have Kontakt when you do anything with your midi controller the midi icon lights up.So when I move the pitch wheel that icon lights up indicating its getting a connection but it doesnt affect the pitch wheel in kontakt or any other sampler.

I guess my questions is ,does your pitch wheel automatically work in all of your sampler or do you have to go in somewhere and set something up in your sampler?If it works automatically with in all your samplers then it sounds like it could be a wrong midi message issue in my midi controller.
In which case there probably is a specific code that the sampler want to know to use the pitch wheel. But what is the code?
Mapping settings in kontakt will fix that. Just touch the pitchwheel and it will show you.Or right click the pitch wheel in kontakt and see if you can automap that way. You can map any knob to any function really..look to the left side of kontakt and there is a tab for all this stuff.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I see what your saying and Im able to do it with everything else except the pitchwheel. If I move anything on my controller a red lightning bolt shows up next to the MIDI CC.Then I just drag the knob on kontakt to the MIDI CC and the midicontroller that was on that MIDI CC now controlls the knobs draged to it. BUT when I move the pitch wheel,no red lightning bolt antwhere on the MIDI CC list.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
But it dont work in sample tankor nothing has to be the controller settings.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
have u updated the drivers and templates at korg?

a friend was having quirky midi issues a ways back w/ korg controller and he updated templates and drivers and he was good.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah it sounds like a keyboard issue. That is why I was wondering about details because if you can go in via straight MIDI cable (bypassing drivers) vs using a USB cable, there is a difference.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Will do that. Plus you can set the MIDI CC for each knob on the korg.Maybe the wrong message is assigned to the Pitch wheel.But Ill check it.Thankx guys.
πŸ“ Reply