Quantcast
Cats are lucky! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cats are lucky!
Old 6th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Cats are lucky!

I'm gonna sign off today leaving this, all the cats that are new to the production/engineer game don't know how valuable websites like these are. Not just maybe 10 years ago most people wouldn't dare give up info that's on sites like these.

It took years for some of the questions I had to get answered CORRECTLY! So damn I hope cats are really takin' advantage of this, I wish it was around in 95-96 lol would've saved me time, energy, money, blood, sweat n tears lol
Old 6th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
hehhehheh
Attached Thumbnails
Cats are lucky!-funny-pictures-old-cat-talks-about-his-childhood.jpg  
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicB ➑️
I'm gonna sign off today leaving this, all the cats that are new to the production/engineer game don't know how valuable websites like these are. Not just maybe 10 years ago most people wouldn't dare give up info that's on sites like these.

It took years for some of the questions I had to get answered CORRECTLY! So damn I hope cats are really takin' advantage of this, I wish it was around in 95-96 lol would've saved me time, energy, money, blood, sweat n tears lol
True say. I co-sign, man. ****, even 3 years ago, it was impossible to get master in a Windows environment that gives outboard gear competition.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Yeah... But there is a TON of very bad advice... When I decided to add Engineering to my music background (after years of Producton)... I bought a Computer loaded with Plugs etc etc etc... and read WAY too much (looking for the Magic Box and praying for that AH HA moment)... after a couple years of doing that... and everything sounding like a hot mess... things are starting to change for the better... but even thats taken years of undoing...

I bought so much crap before I bought a Bass Trap or my first DI Box... (I can go on for days)... Now, all that crap is finally getting good use tho...

I think if you use forums like this... there should be some sorta quiz before you can access other certain info (or your shooting yourself in the foot, or throwing money at the wrong problem)... Although, I kinda disagree with myself on this one... (I can be as ignorant and as hard headed as the rest of SOME of these posters... and now I can basically point out the Posters who most likely memorize specs for a living, and can't identify the Funky Drummer loop, but claim the Nuke button on a Distressor will give them the same results)...

Plugs and stuff have taught me a lot... but... it's kinda like understanding Music Theory or practicing scales with an outta tune instrument... tutt

With all the negative stuff I just spewed... I must say, I've learned some great things... met some incredibly talented people... but thats been few and far between...

At the end of the Day I take responsibility for my bad mixes... because my Ears have never lied to me... I listen to music at least an hour before I start mixing... and I squeeze in a minimum of 4 hours mixin a day... I do uderstand that a mix isn't done until, I say it's done... and I do realize that these Top engineers spend a lotta time on each record...

My decision to invest in Outboard Gear, a couple Patchbays, and using the DAW as a Tape Deck and for Automation is the best thing I've ever done... Patching stuff physicaly as opposed to a Plug-ins has taught me soo much about signal flow... along with proper Tracking and Gain Staging... Plus it's done wonders for me Production wise, and the importance of a Great arrangment...

Gear Head

🎧 15 years
dogs are lucky!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cheese ➑️
Yah my cousin's cat fell from the 4th floor and didn't die. Go figure.
cats have 9 lives
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
My cat has diabetes... not so lucky
Old 13th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
i have been sayin cats a whole lot lately damn, yall know how to punish a jigga fa real! lol
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've recorded some cats and kittens that were so good, they took the elevator to the top floor, then flew to Jupiter and back. Makes you feel like a small turd in a big toilet, but a very beautiful experience of selfless gratification when those moments occur. I love producing work when the artistic quality is so absolutely phenomenal. It’s all about keeping the vision of the project flowing on a high level, and having fun. Working with such incredible talent has made a big impact on me. The relationships developed over decades with those cats and kittens really means something.

🎧 15 years
My cat's v lucky - he chose the right house to move into a few months ago, and now gets spoils rotten. I like cats....
Old 13th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicB ➑️

I will admit that coming to forums like these is a heck of alot better than learning how to rhyme. Battles, open mics, and cyphers in 97 refined me in the lyrical arts. The vague elitest runnaround seems like love pats on the back compared to getting ur dome flown the first time.

Dj'ing and making beats is a good way into the hiphop arts for the faint of heart and emotionally sensitive.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
My cat has diabetes... not so lucky
WTF? Damn, feline aids, feline "diabetis". What's next?

"my pussy has herpes."
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginsuthaironchef ➑️

"my pussy has herpes."
O dude ****. coffee all over the place here. That just cracked me up men. Thnx for making my ****ty friday the 13th morning.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginsuthaironchef ➑️

"my pussy has herpes."
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alackey ➑️
dogs are lucky!

And gearslutz is simply amazing!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Old 14th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank lyon ➑️
Thats hillarious!! I have to tell my cat he needs to earn his keep!!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…