Quantcast
ASR-10 sampling questions - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ASR-10 sampling questions
Old 6th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
ASR-10 sampling questions

What up everyone. Ok, so I've had my ASR-10 for awhile now. I'm getting better at chopping up samples and rearranging them in a sequence. But sometimes when I'm listening to a record for a sample, I hear a phat bassline, guitar riff, or whatever that I want on my track, but can't sample it without picking up the rest of the instruments. What I want to know, is there any way to filter out parts of the song which would let me sample one sound in a track? Or do I pretty much have to search for a single clean sound to spread across the board of my ASR? Here check out this video of Jake One making a beat:
HTML Code:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=6347536
He samples a Lou Ragland track and makes a sick beat out of it. I was wondering how in the hell he jacked the guitar part off the track. May be I missed it and there was a clean guitar strike without the drums in the background, I'm not sure. Or my be he filtered the track with all the crazy EQs he has. I've read a little on low end theory filtering, but I'm not sure if that what he used or not. I don't no man. Like I said, I'm learning. Let me know what you guys think. Peace!
Old 6th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Read the manual.

The ASR has filters. You can try filtering some sounds once they have been sampled. You could also try to eq/filter before they reach the asr.

Use the pan on a dj mixer to listen to both sides of the stereo recording. Some things may have been recorded and sound more prominent to the left, center, or right.
📝 Reply