Quantcast
secret revealed!!the REAL 808 all the platinum producers use!! (joke) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
secret revealed!!the REAL 808 all the platinum producers use!! (joke)
Old 5th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
secret revealed!!the REAL 808 all the platinum producers use!! (joke)

Was reading anothr thread and it seams like people keep asking what's the best hip hop Mic, best Hip Hop preamp, best Hip Hop Headphones, Best Hip Hop Sound card, best Hip Hop Computer, Best Hip Hop Pen to write lyrics....so here is the BEST HIP HOP BASS PERIOD!!!heh

[
Old 5th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i don't get it.
Old 5th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjice ➑️
Was reading anothr thread and it seams like people keep asking what's the best hip hop Mic, best Hip Hop preamp, best Hip Hop Headphones, Best Hip Hop Sound card, best Hip Hop Computer, Best Hip Hop Pen to write lyrics....so here is the BEST HIP HOP BASS PERIOD!!!heh

[
****...****...dang...dope...def....phat....
I heard that there is a model with the 'producer package" with the knob that you turn that give you Timbo,Storch,Dre,Dilla,Kanye,Danja....thats the joint Ima gonna cop,yo!!!!

how much scrilla it set ya back ,son?????
Old 5th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman ➑️
I heard that there is a model with the 'producer package" with the knob that you turn that give you Timbo,Storch,Dre,Dilla,Kanye,Danja....thats the joint Ima gonna cop,yo!!!!

I don't know if u want to get that one. After i got that "Easy" button from Staples everything else seems like a waste.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblah ➑️
I don't know if u want to get that one. After i got that "Easy" button from Staples everything else seems like a waste.
True dat,home slice!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I dont understand the "what the best" question anyway.

I remember doin **** on a Casio SK1, and cakewalk and making better **** then what I hear now.

This is for all who ask. If you cant STEAL the **** off the internet you need to make a good record.

Buying new **** wont make you sound better.

Ok I had to vent that out!!

Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
i'll wait for the 5 string version...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice ➑️
I dont understand the "what the best" question anyway.

I remember doin **** on a Casio SK1, and cakewalk and making better **** then what I hear now.

This is for all who ask. If you cant STEAL the **** off the internet you need to make a good record.

Buying new **** wont make you sound better.

Ok I had to vent that out!!

but at the same time if ur a guitarist you might wanna know what john mayer uses.....if ur a drummer, maybe ?uestlove uses....so its only natural to want to know what Dr. Dre uses.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthy08 ➑️
but at the same time if ur a guitarist you might wanna know what john mayer uses.....if ur a drummer, maybe ?uestlove uses....so its only natural to want to know what Dr. Dre uses.
The musician who plays the instrument is the key...NOT the instrument.

A GREAT musician can make a piece of **** axe sound awesome.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

PSM's rant: ORIGINAL.
Clients waiting on the knob that gets someone's else's song: KILL YOURSELF, CLIENTS!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The musician who plays the instrument is the key...NOT the instrument.

A GREAT musician can make a piece of **** axe sound awesome.

some people just want to know!
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthy08 ➑️
If John Mayer would be a good guitarist yes... I'd rather know what Steve Vai or Satriani or John 5 uses, now they are good.

Same for drummers... Damn did you pick those 2 names from the Chappelle Show?!? There are so many better drummers/guitarists out there.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislago ➑️
If John Mayer would be a good guitarist yes... I'd rather know what Steve Vai or Satriani or John 5 uses, now they are good.

Same for drummers... Damn did you pick those 2 names from the Chappelle Show?!? There are so many better drummers/guitarists out there.

That is a matter of opinion. His point was that if you look up to a certain professional, and you are trying to get where he is at, you might be interested in what tools he is using. In other words, if I am a plumber and you called me out to your house after you just finished hacking up a pipe with a cheap pair of pliers, and I come in and fix it quickly and easily using a pair of vice grips, what do you think you would use going forward? You can have skill all day, but with the right tools you can take that skill to the next level. "work smarter, not harder".

Like Chris Rock said "...yeah, it can be done... you can drive a car with your feet, but that doesn't make it a good fcking idea".
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawtunez ➑️
some people just want to know!
but its silly.....

You will never get any attention for sounding like someone else. A&R's are so crazy and lazy they would rather buy a ****ty beat from a "name" then a great beat from a "no namer".

You just have to make your own mark, stand out, network, and push push push!

Do you know how many people are out there doing what you do.

Sarah j AND I have 10 Gmail accounts flooded with producers, big time ma****ers too. I barley have time to make my own ****. but when I do it sounds way differnt from whats out there.

Check out my My space imma bout to put up the new sound.

at the end of the day. bitting other people style makes your a bitter.

Name one producer that came up from sounding like another producer??????
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
damn the admn, changed my title and added (JOKE)....I was trying to promote it so I can take orders and sell some of these "BASS GUITARS" looolheh
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
****.. dat **** aint no joke,son.....I wuz gettin ready to cop one from ya,home slice.
savin up mah paper....
Dang....dat **** is doper than dope......maybe yiu can try an sell it sumwere else.yo!!
****.. dat **** aint no joke,son.....I wuz gettin ready to cop one from ya,home slice.
savin up mah paper....
Dang....dat **** doper than dope......maybe yiu can try an sell it sumwere else.yo
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
savin up mah paper....
Dang....dat **** doper than dope......maybe yiu can try an sell it sumwere else.yo
fo shizzle but thass a grip though! yadadamean? yagotta put a few thouwal on it u dig??....LOL
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
but its silly.....

You will never get any attention for sounding like someone else. A&R's are so crazy and lazy they would rather buy a ****ty beat from a "name" then a great beat from a "no namer".

You just have to make your own mark, stand out, network, and push push push!

Do you know how many people are out there doing what you do.

Sarah j AND I have 10 Gmail accounts flooded with producers, big time ma****ers too. I barley have time to make my own ****. but when I do it sounds way differnt from whats out there.

Check out my My space imma bout to put up the new sound.

at the end of the day. bitting other people style makes your a bitter.

Name one producer that came up from sounding like another producer??????
Unless I missed something, I dont think anyone said go out and get the gear your favorite producer uses so that you can sound like them or bite their sound. If that's the case, is it safe to assume that anyone that uses an MPC60 or 3000 is trying to sound like Dr.Dre? Granted, there ARE those that try to emulate. But for me personally, if a so-called "pro" is getting great results from a piece of gear, I'm thinking of how it might benefit me for my own tracks. There is something to be said for "tried and true".
For example, I respect Prince A LOT for his musical genius. When I saw him using a Roland D-50 (this was way back in the day when I first started out), I wanted to get one. Not because I wanted to be Prince or try and "bite" his sound, but I figured "if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me".

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislago ➑️

kinda pointless in this thread - but whether or not you like his music, john mayer IS a good guitar player - both technically and for feel. If you can play "Neon" note perfect, maybe you can slag him off. I'm not a big fan of the songs...but he can play.

Used to love the Satch/Vai thing - but it hasn't dated too well though has it? Any of the more recent stuff could have been done 10 years ago.
Old 6th February 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:

[
Not funny
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wubbzy ➑️
Unless I missed something, I dont think anyone said go out and get the gear your favorite producer uses so that you can sound like them or bite their sound. If that's the case, is it safe to assume that anyone that uses an MPC60 or 3000 is trying to sound like Dr.Dre? Granted, there ARE those that try to emulate. But for me personally, if a so-called "pro" is getting great results from a piece of gear, I'm thinking of how it might benefit me for my own tracks. There is something to be said for "tried and true".
For example, I respect Prince A LOT for his musical genius. When I saw him using a Roland D-50 (this was way back in the day when I first started out), I wanted to get one. Not because I wanted to be Prince or try and "bite" his sound, but I figured "if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me".

good point....

I respect that.

But you should still find your own sound within the same tools, not

"What does Timbo use in this song or that song."

thats wack! You got to be original to stand out, thats all im saying.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
But you should still find your own sound within the same tools, not

"What does Timbo use in this song or that song."

thats wack! You got to be original to stand out, thats all im saying.
Oh I agree with that 110%. Anyone that is true to "music" will eventually come into their own sound (if they let it happen). Unfortunately, in the hip hop genre, being different is incredibly difficult. Even more so these days... Unless you already have a big name for yourself, it is becoming increasingly difficult to get anywhere with a radically different sound. But yeah, I'm sick of the same old sounding duplicate sht too. In fact, I made a song about it. lol
TurnItOff

Not sure how much different it is from the "norm", but oh well.... BTW- it contains explicit language.. sorry.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wubbzy ➑️
Oh I agree with that 110%. Anyone that is true to "music" will eventually come into their own sound (if they let it happen). Unfortunately, in the hip hop genre, being different is incredibly difficult. Even more so these days... Unless you already have a big name for yourself, it is becoming increasingly difficult to get anywhere with a radically different sound. But yeah, I'm sick of the same old sounding duplicate sht too. In fact, I made a song about it. lol
TurnItOff

Not sure how much different it is from the "norm", but oh well....
Just keep in mind there is a 10 year cycle....

Its real, if you aline with it you stay ahead of thrends.

Everything changes its a part of life just as much as it is a part of music.

people just get caught up in the currnet trends.

dont do that. I rarely listen to the radio cause most of the music you are listen to now was produced months if not years before it gets "hot".

M.I.A. "Paper Planes" is a prime exsample of that. My team has been spinng that record for two years. Real talk. its only now geting serious attention.

stay real and do you not someone else.
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
It's a pretty good joke...it'd be better if there was a video for it!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSpecific ➑️
It's a pretty good joke...it'd be better if there was a video for it!
actually....I'm thinking of "BUILDING" it...heh
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Google "Omar Hakim"... 6-7-8-10 times and look at different pictures and gigs. It's not like he has one drum kit with one snare and one kick drum. heh

Point? Guys on that level don't play any "one" thing. If you want what they play generally you'll need LOTS of things. These guys buy musical instruments like we buy sample sets and the daw of the week. Looking at what they use is more of a reference towards high quality in general. The actual "sound" comes from the players.

I still want a Bentley though, even though I still won't get as much play as Diddy. heh
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence ➑️
Google "Omar Hakim"... 6-7-8-10 times and look at different pictures and gigs. It's not like he has one drum kit with one snare and one kick drum. heh

Point? Guys on that level don't play any "one" thing. If you want what they play generally you'll need LOTS of things. These guys buy musical instruments like we buy sample sets and the daw of the week. Looking at what they use is more of a reference towards high quality in general. The actual "sound" comes from the players.

I still want a Bentley though, even though I still won't get as much play as Diddy. heh
Omar is friggin amazing. He used to play with my pops.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
actually....I'm thinking of "BUILDING" it...heh
Hunks????
Gear Guru
Omar Hakim is the man!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hunks????
....I just started today actually...went and got the base Bass...talking with some guitar builder to see how I can get a bass to produce "sub" bass sounds...yeah..I'm crazy like that...but I think it would be fun and it will look great hanging on the wall at the studio heh I'll keep you posted, remember it's just for fun people
πŸ“ Reply