Quantcast
Anyone Mix In LOGIC Studio? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone Mix In LOGIC Studio?
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone Mix In LOGIC Studio?

Im looking for someone to master one song in logic studio. who would also set things up and write a few notes about what they are doing and why? and let me see the set up finished project? so i could use it as a template?

not a hard track.

spoken word less than 12 tracks.
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

Are you sure you don't mean "mixing"?
Old 4th February 2009

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCreation ➑️
Im looking for someone to master one song in logic studio. who would also set things up and write a few notes about what they are doing and why? and let me see the set up finished project? so i could use it as a template?

not a hard track.

spoken word less than 12 tracks.
I think you mean mix don't you? mastering is generally done to the finished stereo mix.

Whilst I can see what you're trying to do, and the way you've described it means you've actually got more chance than most of learning something, don't expect a "template" to be the answers to all your mixing questions...one set of solutions won't suit all issues.
Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto ➑️
Are you sure you don't mean "mixing"?
Beat me to it!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
yes mixing , but no one uses logic,
People are ****ing haters on here.(always NEGATIVE) im not looking to solve all my problems.
just see a few steps where i might be going wrong or rightn
and see how some things might be differently set up
and also gain advice.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
People are ****ing haters on here.(always NEGATIVE) im not looking to solve all my problems.
just see a few steps where i might be going wrong or rightn
and see how some things might be differently set up
and also gain advice.
Lots of people use Logic but perhaps the people who are willing to help won't see this post of yours and be able to answer within 24 hours..... give it some time and see...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Everody i know from small time to bigtime producers and engineers use logic.
U know the world is bigger than the mighty U.S.of A

But as said a template might teach u a thing or two but you can also read articles , books search this site and other dor information.
Every mix is different , every room is different , every set of speakers are different so you just have to learn your own equipment and
gradually you will progress and your mixes will sound better.

And zip your files and post them in this thread so it is easier for people who would like to give it a go to get started insted of contacting you
and waiting to get the files. If your lucky maybe somebody with a good studio has an hour of time to kill before a client and might wanna do you this favor. Just an idea . . .

Peace

// Tiny //
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i have three books and know how to use logic. still learning hit a bit of a wall.
but need some help getting over a few problems.
ive made strides
just want to get to the next level.

if anyone contacts me with there email i will send zipfiles. to them.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've mixed a lot of stuff in Logic, but never used a 'mixing template'. I don't think the mixing process would benefit much from a taylor made template. Mixing is about listening, adjusting levels and making some decisions, deciding how to automate and which effects to use (and more)... Logic already has a lot of templates ("CHannel Strip Settings") for single tracks, for the master output etc, which maybe is where you need to look first. My humble advice: Just read a little about using busses and groups, and give it a try!

Good luck!

(PS - lots of people mix in Logic...)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
With nativeaudio.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Sure, I've mixed stuff in Logic.
Check out my site (in my signature below)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
tony b. does

right tony b.?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I do everything in and with Logic.

There is no mixing-template. Forget about about this idea and try collecting some serious knowledge about the subject..
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
i have three books and know how to use logic. still learning hit a bit of a wall.
but need some help getting over a few problems.
ive made strides
just want to get to the next level.

if anyone contacts me with there email i will send zipfiles. to them.
Experience is king here. The more stuff you try, the better off you'll be, as its all subjective and completely in regard to your personal aesthethic and taste. There are no rules in mixing/recording etc. The only rules are there are no rules, and for me; there is a right and wrong way to approach things, but it has absolutely nothing to do with anyone other than me, as I've found a way I like to achieve things. This is all a self-taught process in my opinion, because its a very subjective and personal art.

Reading/learning/absorbing/reflecting is very, very, very, very, helpful, but scratching/sniffing/practicing/doing will always be preferable. Its just ammunition that adds up to an armory and stock pile for battle. Everyone has to arm themselves.

I'm Happy to help your cause, but I'm afraid you're the only one that can define these an answers. See my e-mail below........

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesp04 ➑️
right tony b.?
Yes.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
officially on the bandwagon

sooo many people have been hounding me telling me to jump on the L8 bandwagon i'm about to get it soon what the hay haha it's all ur fault tony b. haha
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
logic

i use logic everyday as well for everything..love it !

well seems like the more productive thing to do would be....
post the track you mixed and point out what your problem area's are or questions and let us help you. as there is prob no one single perfect answer. Ill be glad to give you my opinions
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by organik ➑️
i use logic everyday as well for everything..love it !
same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by organik ➑️
well seems like the more productive thing to do would be....
post the track you mixed and point out what your problem area's are or questions and let us help you. as there is prob no one single perfect answer. Ill be glad to give you my opinions
yup. every mix is somewhat different to another. and every mixer is obviously different to another. i cant't even imagine how to use a "mix preset". organiks suggestion here is good.
Old 5th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
how do i post all the zipfiles? for one song on here? so you can open it up in logic?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio ➑️
I've mixed a lot of stuff in Logic, but never used a 'mixing template'. I don't think the mixing process would benefit much from a taylor made template. Mixing is about listening, adjusting levels and making some decisions, deciding how to automate and which effects to use (and more)... Logic already has a lot of templates ("CHannel Strip Settings") for single tracks, for the master output etc, which maybe is where you need to look first. My humble advice: Just read a little about using busses and groups, and give it a try!

Good luck!

(PS - lots of people mix in Logic...)
i mean more of seeing oh I see how the delay was different than i set it up.
or how various parts were bussed andnot.
and saving some channel strip settings? thats all dont read to much into the template thing that i said.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I do everything in Logic Studio. All I think it's missing is
  • VocAlign
  • Problem-free integration of outboard gear
Then I'd be completely satisfied. Why they haven't done this yet is beyond me. Let's go, Apple!!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
how do i post all the zipfiles? for one song on here? so you can open it up in logic?
You have to right-click (command-click) on the session and select "compress file"

Its probably going to be too big of a file to upload onto GS though...
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
yes logic is an powerful DAW . recently been using with SSL 4000 although as others said it is missing plugins like vocalign but still good program to mix in
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I just got the Presonus firebox and made the move to using logic exclusively on my macbook. Other than needing a good usb hub for my hard drive I love the move to logic. I haven't had a single problem with it. I've been working on a project where I"m streaming over 40 channels simultaneously over USB 2.0 and recording vocals at the same time. Performance has been great I can't see myself ever using another daw Logic has it all.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yes Logic over here. Most of the built in pluggins that are bundle with it are worth the money alone.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool ➑️
logic here too.

200 mixes a year. including pop, rock, bigband ,jazz, soul, salsa, classical. etc.

greets.
Sh*t.. No Hip Hop..

Forget about mixing in Logic.. heh
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
sorry man.

You can always go to protools
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
also...

IF you are going to zip it and post, there are a few things you need to do to get the file size down to something that can be easy to grab.

1. Back up your session
1. Register for getdropbox.com. Great way to share files such as this.
2. Go to File>Project>consolidate
3. Bin>Edit>Select unused then hit delete.
4. Go to File>Project>Clean up

Now zip the logic folder and upload it. Once this is done just place a link where it can be found.If you use DROPBOX this can easily be done by right clicking on the zipped file and get the public link.

Maybe some folks will take the time to do some work on it and explain what they did. If you like the mix they gave you why not see if you can give them a call and discuss it. Maybe come to an agreement on the amount of time you will talk and stick to that.

I take logic everywhere I mix. I just import the protools tracks. I have had a few producers and artist what I am doing. I reply with "getting myself in a familiar environment so I can be more efficient".
πŸ“ Reply