Quantcast
so im new to nuendo.....and need help - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
so im new to nuendo.....and need help
Old 30th January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
so im new to nuendo.....and need help

i've been using acoustica mixcraft for a while and feel like i need to do a upgrade so i switched to nuendo 3.

one of the things i wanted which mixcraft couldn't do, is have it where the vocals being recorded live and the instrumental would play on the outside of the booth on the speakers in front of me, while the person in the booth can hear their live vocals and beat too.

i start reading on this program alot and follow directions but it's driving me crazy.

as im trying to figure out what i wanted to do, i keep messing up somewhere where the vocals are only getting recorded in left speaker. i have it stereo but to record left an right each from my presonus firebox.

so i have no idea what the problem is, i figured this would be a simple switch of programs but turns out to be a hassle.

then on top of that, the vocal being recorded, doesn't even sound good, its all airey, and sounds nuthing like what i record in mixcraft with, even tho mixcraft is a simple program.

it brings me to the old saying, if it aint broke don't fix it........so should i just stick to what i know?

i think nuendo would be great if i learned it but just so many problems starting off it's drifting me away.
Old 30th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
well first things first, dont record the vocal in stereo. Go into conenctions in the device menu and delete the input then add new on as mono, then make sure the input on the sound card is panned center. this should fix the problem with been in the left speaker only. Also make sure in devices and control panel u have direct monitoring on if you want monitor trough nuendo and not the sound card. With the vocal been airy i cant really help u there depends on the vocalist the room and your settings etc. but i hope i could help.
📝 Reply