Quantcast
live your life hook - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
live your life hook
Old 29th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
live your life hook

How do you get that classic group yelling?

Do you do stacks at different distances or just like regular vocals?They sound all panned center. Any tips on get this "Hey" , "OH" style like on the T.I. joint,just life my life.
Old 29th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiroy ➑️
How do you get that classic group yelling?

Do you do stacks at different distances or just like regular vocals?They sound all panned center. Any tips on get this "Hey" , "OH" style like on the T.I. joint,just life my life.
Panned stacks. Nothin special with them. Just good performance (lol) and used in the correct context

The "hey" and "oh" that's so popular for a minute now gets poorly used way too much, just because of the fad.

Something like Live Your Life it's used as expected, and gets the proper/positive response because of that
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
Led
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Posse round the mic and some philly blunts?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
They actually have sample cd's of dudes yellin...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegenius ➑️
They actually have sample cd's of dudes yellin...
They have sample cd's of people doing many things, not just yelling. Useful if you like to make beats with voice samples in them and can't bother to record the samples yourself.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➑️
They have sample cd's of people doing many things, not just yelling. Useful if you like to make beats with voice samples in them and can't bother to record the samples yourself.
That was my point... Why BUY a CD of voice samples, when you can RECORD them yourself and save the money... tutt
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
That was my point... Why BUY a CD of voice samples, when you can RECORD them yourself and save the money... tutt
Because not everyone in this world is a penny pinchin' son of a gun.

Common sense would tell you that everyone has different needs. Some producers/beatmakers might not have the best acoustics or the best recording equipment, etc. Buying a sample CD that was recorded with no expenses spared may actually give some the type of fix they are looking for.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Because not everyone in this world is a penny pinchin' son of a gun.

Common sense would tell you that everyone has different needs. Some producers/beatmakers might not have the best acoustics or the best recording equipment, etc. Buying a sample CD that was recorded with no expenses spared may actually give some the type of fix they are looking for.
I guess your right...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I guess your right...
It's not about being right, its just about seeing it from different perspectives besides our own. I have the means to record my own sample libraries and I enjoy the process so I very much share your opinion. I'm just acknowledging that there are a lot of cats who probably don't have a lot as far as recording goes and prefer prerecorded material for that reason.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
It's not about being right, its just about seeing it from different perspectives besides our own. I have the means to record my own sample libraries and I enjoy the process so I very much share your opinion. I'm just acknowledging that there are a lot of cats who probably don't have a lot as far as recording goes and prefer prerecorded material for that reason.
I meant it makes sense the way you put it in that perspective...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I meant it makes sense the way you put it that perspective...
Cool, understood.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I not exactly sure where the sample CD discussion came from??

I mean, the Live Your Life vocals were recorded for the beat...

And the opera sample is likely from someone's song, not a royalty free sample CD

(I mean, don't you think if it was from a library, someone would've made a thread about it here already?? "Polow has competition -- Just Blaze makes song with Apple Loop!!!" with 200 replies??)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekells ➑️
I not exactly sure where the sample CD discussion came from??

I mean, the Live Your Life vocals were recorded for the beat...

And the opera sample is likely from someone's song, not a royalty free sample CD

(I mean, don't you think if it was from a library, someone would've made a thread about it here already?? "Polow has competition -- Just Blaze makes song with Apple Loop!!!" with 200 replies??)
Yeah, I was listening to TI on Howard Stern and he said the opera part at the beginning is a sample from somewhere.... Can't remember exactly where he said they got it from...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah samples are not what Im looking for. Not trying to make a beat with yelling. And I dont want to do the "hey" ****. I have a hook I want to do with a group yelling part of it. So same distance from mic?How many stacks. Eqed a certain way?
Lives for gear

i love t.i.'s music, but this one has the most awful hook since years....(!)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal1 ➑️
i love t.i.'s music, but this one has the most awful hook since years....(!)
No it isn't.. It's quite good (it's a pop tune remember)..

The worst T.I. hook might be Jazze Pha "singing" on I Chooz U... too bad, cause it makes an otherwise great song unlistenable...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
To the OP

If you can't hear what's going when u listen to this song, then I wouldn't trust whoever you're recording to do a good job replicating the sound

What I'm saying is, don't get a bunch of guy's around the mic...

Record whoever sounds THE BEST first, and make sure there part is "in the pocket"

Then over dub everyone else one by one...

When you anywhere from 4 - 15 tracks (depending how many u wanna use.. this is personal taste) then u can still have all the control on volume, panning, verb etc.

And very importantly (especially with fewer takes) you can nudge regions if your performers are off
Old 31st January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It's called Gang vocals, and they ARE done around one mic. I have watched and participated in major sessions with gang vocals, and they are done by putting everyone around the mic, then tracking the part 5-6 times.

Done.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab ➑️
It's called Gang vocals, and they ARE done around one mic. I have watched and participated in major sessions with gang vocals, and they are done by putting everyone around the mic, then tracking the part 5-6 times.

Done.
Yep, if you got a good gang

I'm not sure the OP does, so he might want to over dub it instead.

How many sets of headphones does he have? Does his booth have room for 4-5 guys around the mic at a distance? In fact, does he even have a mic with an omni option? etc etc
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Yeah, I was listening to TI on Howard Stern and he said the opera part at the beginning is a sample from somewhere.... Can't remember exactly where he said they got it from...
R u guys kidding? you never heard of the numa numa guy?
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterayok ➑️
R u guys kidding? you never heard of the numa numa guy?
Yea, I thought everybody new about that crazy Numa Numa track that the sample is taken from!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
it is a shame that the original song was nr 1 for SO ****ING LONG in germany! it just told you how much horrible taste in music a lot of germans have...they played the **** out of that tune...

YouTube - Ozone-dragostea tin dei

but then, the new track is great. i heard not often something good coming out of ****!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…