Quantcast
Buying a peluso, But Shortbody? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Buying a peluso, But Shortbody?
Old 29th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Buying a peluso, But Shortbody?

Im buying a peluso 2247le fro tax season. But when it says shortboady is there a different version? Which one is the better?
Old 29th January 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
The 22 47 is the short body with glass tube, the 22 47 SE is the long body with an American steel tube, and 22 47 LE is the longer body style with an original German steel tube.
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'd settle for the 2247LE.
Lives for gear

Go with the 2247SE as it has exactly the same frequency response and characteristics of the 2247LE yet has a 2db lower noise floor. Save the $50 and you'll have a better all around mic.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittonian ➑️
Go with the 2247SE as it has exactly the same frequency response and characteristics of the 2247LE yet has a 2db lower noise floor. Save the $50 and you'll have a better all around mic.
Plus 1
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Why do most people recommend the LE? Is it just because they equate German to better without really making their own comparisons of the mic?

Surely there are other noticeable sonic differences besides the better noise floor on the SE...?
Old 31st January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekells ➑️
Why do most people recommend the LE? Is it just because they equate German to better without really making their own comparisons of the mic?

Surely there are other noticeable sonic differences besides the better noise floor on the SE...?
good question.

from what i have heard i think the le has more lows while the se is more mid forward. someone else should explain though because thats just me guessing.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmattic ➑️
good question.

from what i have heard i think the le has more lows while the se is more mid forward. someone else should explain though because thats just me guessing.
That does sound familiar, but certainly isn't in line with kittonian's statement about the same frequency response.. hmm
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
M y sense is that the added distortion of the LE is attractive to those who like more edge and harmonic complexity, but it is more distorted than the SE.

🎧 15 years
Quote:
.... and at the end of the day they still sound different!

The LE sounds better to me.... it has more harmonic content, and yes it is noisier. But, it is a better mic with a better tube. There is no question that the older tubes used in the LE are better than the modern tube manufactured in Russia used in the SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmattic ➑️
good question.

It would have to be evaluated on a mic by mic basis... Each old german tube has it's own sound and personality. Some are a little brighter, and some are a little darker...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
With the 2247le>512c what is the best reasonably priced compressor for this chain for both rap and singing?

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiroy ➑️
With the 2247le>512c what is the best reasonably priced compressor for this chain for both rap and singing?
Depends on your definition of reasonably priced..

Probably a Distressor, though.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
What about RNC or Joe Meek?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
What about RNC or Joe Meek?
In that price range, sure... but it's no TubeTech
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is the distressor tube?How does it compare to the RNC and Joe Meek?Out of the Joe meek and the RNC which is better?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
the rnc would be more versatile as its a pretty clean pre, the joe meek is known to be very colored.

Id say they wouldnt even compare to a distressor though but its a big price difference.

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Is the distressor tube?
No.
Quote:
How does it compare to the RNC and Joe Meek?
How does an S Class compare to a Chevy Cavalier... We are talking a whole different level.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Okay well how does the rnc compare to a dbx compressor?I have a dbx 1066 for vox. Is it not worth getting thr RNC or should I just wait till I can get the distressor?
πŸ“ Reply