Quantcast
Clipping.. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Clipping..
Old 28th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Clipping..

Im trying to get a similar (i think it's clipping?) bass sound to that which is in Missy Elliot's 'Fix My Weave' ... how can I acheive this kind of clipped sound? I'm using Logic and as you can tell, am no expert mixer.

The only way i could think of was to send the bass to a bus, then clip that bus which is then sent to another bus to control the volume..?

I hope this makes sense...anyway, if i'm totally off track, would be cool if someone could help me out..

Also...is this possibly what i might be looking for..?

Airwindows Audio Unit Plugins

Many Thanks.
Old 28th January 2009
Lives for gear

Digital clipping is generally a very bad, bad thing...in fact, I don't know that I've ever met anyone who could hear it and thought it sounded even remotely OK. I doubt the bass sound you want is created via clipping, though I suppose in this day and age, I could be wrong
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Airwindows

🎧 15 years
Try the demo and see if it makes the correct sound, in between politely muting itself. Just please don't try the demo on released product, that is not what it's there for
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto ➡️
Digital clipping is generally a very bad, bad thing...in fact, I don't know that I've ever met anyone who could hear it and thought it sounded even remotely OK.
Yeah, but I hear SOOOOO many two track "beats" digitally clipped. I don't think people notice. Or they know they want it pushed and don't know a better way.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…