Quantcast
mxing instruments 3d - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
mxing instruments 3d
Old 26th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
mxing instruments 3d

whats a good mixing technique to make instruments sit at the back of the mix without losing focus and detail? i tried using a plate reverb but it loses the detail on some parts where the vocals gets a bit louder or sometimes other instruments overshadow it. i also tried leaving it dry and just turn down the level and its good the detail is there but its a bit too forward than the main vocals? what other things could i try doing?

also i have the S1 Imager by Waves and on some instruments it does work but on others it dont. anyone else using this?
Old 26th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tWoKp. ➡️
also i have the S1 Imager by Waves and on some instruments it does work but on others it dont. anyone else using this?
Those kinds of tools are definitely not the answer.

Creating mixes with depth takes years of practice with a number of tools and techniques; everything from EQ and reverb to volume automation. There's no single piece of gear - and certainly no "trick" - that can substitute for experience.
Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tWoKp. ➡️
whats a good mixing technique to make instruments sit at the back of the mix without losing focus and detail? i tried using a plate reverb but it loses the detail on some parts where the vocals gets a bit louder or sometimes other instruments overshadow it. i also tried leaving it dry and just turn down the level and its good the detail is there but its a bit too forward than the main vocals? what other things could i try doing?

I hate to say it but you have a lot to learn,homes.
Thats not the way its done in order to achieve what you are trying to do.
Forget the imager,thats not what its used for.keep reading,learning and UNDERSTANDING and you should get it.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…