Quantcast
FL Studio 7 + UAD-2 latency & delay compensation/sync problems - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FL Studio 7 + UAD-2 latency & delay compensation/sync problems
Old 25th January 2009
  #1
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
FL Studio 7 + UAD-2 latency & delay compensation/sync problems

So, im happy (almost in 100%) user of UAD-2 Solo card.
Im hip hop beat-maker and im working in FL Studio 7.

Generally any plug-in except UAD works fine, but when i put any UAD on any mixer channel the instrument on that channel starting to be off-sync with the everything else.
I know that the problem is UAD latency but:

1. FL Studio 7 don’t have PDC and the one they putted into every mixer channel is kinda garbage and it aint really work properly.

2. I didn’t get the (in)famous UAD Delay Compensation plug-in with my UAD-2 pack... WTF?!

Of course problem is only in FL Studio 7, my sequencer (ACID PRO 6.0) works just perfect with the UAD plug-in... it has auto PDC though :|

As for now the only solution for this is that magical button called "Live track recording" which technically resolve the whole problem, but damn... in that case all plug-ins are processed through my CPU, so when i put couple of plug-in my FL just chokes ;/

Any ideas what more i can do? Coz using “Live track recording” is more like bypassing the problem, not the real resolve.



Ps:
Anybody know if FL Studio 8 have auto PDC?

My configuration: AMD X2 5000+ , 2GB RAM, Focusrite Saffire LE (audio interface)
Old 25th January 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 
phillysoulman's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhrec ➡️
So, im happy (almost in 100%) user of UAD-2 Solo card.
Im hip hop beat-maker and im working in FL Studio 7.

Generally any plug-in except UAD works fine, but when i put any UAD on any mixer channel the instrument on that channel starting to be off-sync with the everything else.
I know that the problem is UAD latency but:

1. FL Studio 7 don’t have PDC and the one they putted into every mixer channel is kinda garbage and it aint really work properly.

2. I didn’t get the (in)famous UAD Delay Compensation plug-in with my UAD-2 pack... WTF?!

Of course problem is only in FL Studio 7, my sequencer (ACID PRO 6.0) works just perfect with the UAD plug-in... it has auto PDC though :|

As for now the only solution for this is that magical button called "Live track recording" which technically resolve the whole problem, but damn... in that case all plug-ins are processed through my CPU, so when i put couple of plug-in my FL just chokes ;/

Any ideas what more i can do? Coz using “Live track recording” is more like bypassing the problem, not the real resolve.



Ps: Anybody know if FL Studio 8 have auto PDC?

My configuration: AMD X2 5000+ , 2GB RAM, Focusrite Saffire LE (audio interface)
I may be wrong,but I dont believe that the UAD stuff was meant to work with FL.
You might want to upgrade to Pro Tools and be industry standard.
Old 25th January 2009
  #3
Gear Addict
 
7thangelz's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
what do you mean the delay comp is missing? check fl's plugin enable thingy it has again as well as checking with both uad and fl for any known issues.

a solution is having all tracks routed to groups that all have the same amount of uad, which the delay comp basically does, but you must match the same amount.

uad is the best test to see if an app has adc/pdc (it seems like tracks3 in linear/oversamopling mode, effs up even proper adc/pdc in a host)
Old 25th January 2009 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
cynic one's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman ➡️
I may be wrong,but I dont believe that the UAD stuff was meant to work with FL.
You might want to upgrade to Pro Tools and be industry standard.
Philly, that comment was utterly misinformed.

UAD works perfectly with FL and has since day one. I've been using it for years.

@original poster - go read up on how to use the "delay comp" plugin that comes with the UAD stuff. If you can't find it or if you believe it "didn't come" with your version of the software contact universal audio...
Old 25th January 2009 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
phillysoulman's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic ➡️
Philly, that comment was utterly misinformed.

UAD works perfectly with FL and has since day one. I've been using it for years.

@original poster - go read up on how to use the "delay comp" plugin that comes with the UAD stuff. If you can't find it or if you believe it "didn't come" with your version of the software contact universal audio...
I DID say "I may be wrong but.."
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
  #6
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
yea i wrote message to UAD. no response yet tho.

is there any guide how set up ASIO driver perfectly?
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 29 views: 3111
Avatar for whinecellar
whinecellar 12th November 2008
replies: 286 views: 47107
Avatar for Schmacko
Schmacko 29th December 2009
replies: 1 views: 4577
Avatar for 66d35
66d35 22nd July 2009
replies: 406 views: 46100
Avatar for ExIngeParis
ExIngeParis 4 days ago
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump