Quantcast
Plannet Phatt and MPC 2000xl help??? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plannet Phatt and MPC 2000xl help???
Old 24th January 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Plannet Phatt and MPC 2000xl help???

ay guys, Im havin trouble with my Plannet Phatt sound module.
I have it connected to my mpc 2000xl, When im workin with my mpc 2000xl when im done stacking kicks and snares and so forth, i move on to my plannet phatt obviously for my melodies, but when i change my mpc from DRUM 1 to MIDI it starts to play tunes from my sound module. So there for its not letting me have kicks and snares and melodies, just one or the other??????
Old 24th January 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightlace76 โžก๏ธ
ay guys, Im havin trouble with my Plannet Phatt sound module.
I have it connected to my mpc 2000xl, When im workin with my mpc 2000xl when im done stacking kicks and snares and so forth, i move on to my plannet phatt obviously for my melodies, but when i change my mpc from DRUM 1 to MIDI it starts to play tunes from my sound module. So there for its not letting me have kicks and snares and melodies, just one or the other??????
uh...
say you program your kicks and snares on track 1
on track 1...leave it on drum1 (program name)

go to track two
set it to midi1a (or wateva)

leave it on that track and trigger the module
VOILA!
Old 24th January 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
ok tnx bro.
but lik if i wana add more melodies, i got to a different tune on my sound module and then it starts playing that, instead of the last one??
so its like i can only stay on one channel on my sound module and cant add anything else?
Old 24th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Read your manual.

My motif rack-es has a multi mode where I can use multiple sounds on different channels. The mpc then "talks" to these different channels on a track by track basis.
Old 24th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightlace76 โžก๏ธ
ok tnx bro.
but lik if i wana add more melodies, i got to a different tune on my sound module and then it starts playing that, instead of the last one??
so its like i can only stay on one channel on my sound module and cant add anything else?
just as u change the midi trks on the mpc so do u on the module itself. U have to go into multi-mode or whatever they call it on phatt. each part has a different midi channel assigned to it.

newer synths like motif, all u do is go in multi and 16 different parts/channels r layed out for u automatically. all u do is change trk numbers/midi channels on mpc and hit trk button on motif u wanna rock with

READ THE MANUAL for ur modules.
Old 24th January 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
ok thank you guys.
๐Ÿ“ Reply