Quantcast
XRL to TRS Adapters - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
XRL to TRS Adapters
Old 23rd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
XRL to TRS Adapters

hey whut up guys, i was wondering if using adpaters to record is a bad idea, i havent invested in a XLR to TRS adapter yet. I was about today, but guitar center told me u can lose quality in the recording using adpaters. But they are not real engineers. SO i figured ill ask the forums
Old 23rd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyflo ➡️
guitar center told me u can lose quality in the recording using adpaters.
That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

So wiring a cable with an XLR on one end and TRS on the other means Im losing quality cos it's not XLR on both ends?

Trying to think what the equivalent of Guitar Centre must be in Oz.
Old 23rd January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Dude if you go to Guitar Center and listen to anything they say, you need to get back in the lab and learn more.

Just go in, get what you need and get the hell out of there. Their employees are useless. There is a million page thread dedicated to mocking GC employees on the main forums here.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab ➡️
Dude if you go to Guitar Center and listen to anything they say, you need to get back in the lab and learn more.

Just go in, get what you need and get the hell out of there. Their employees are useless. There is a million page thread dedicated to mocking GC employees on the main forums here.
I thought the same. XLR and TRS are both balanced, any who i can put this in that thread huh?

ok thanks for the thoughts. Have u recorded XLR to TRS before
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyflo ➡️
I thought the same. XLR and TRS are both balanced, any who i can put this in that thread huh?

ok thanks for the thoughts. Have u recorded XLR to TRS before
I use DI's as much as possible. Sometimes you need an XLR to TRS to get in or out of a DI, and I have not had a sound issue.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab ➡️
I use DI's as much as possible. Sometimes you need an XLR to TRS to get in or out of a DI, and I have not had a sound issue.
ok no doubt. thanx for the opinions, the guitar center my way sucks, but i dunno why i find myself going back, maybe cuz all the keyboards and mpcs lol
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…