Quantcast
Forat Sounds - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Forat Sounds
Old 23rd January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Forat Sounds

Im some production circles, the Forat drum library is highly prized. I had only heard about them and not knowingly gone thru any of the sounds.

Well I finally got my hands on em and Im very disappointed. There's not much here thats special. Anybody else been disappointed by the hype??

Lavish
Old 23rd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
what is it? neverhead lol

When I google searched all I found was "borat sounds"
Old 23rd January 2009 | Show parent
AON
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
IΒ΄ve only heard about them. Would like to hear them too.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
feedback

yeah i've been down to his shop a couple times to fix or add shizzle to my mpc's that i've have/had and he was pushing those sounds to me too they were ok but most of the sounds weren't blow-away and he was charging like $200 i think. i mean if you're a serious collector i'm sure you could use some of them but i know a lot of places that $200 could go a lot farther...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Why buy drums when you can sample from breaks and layer on a drum machine and make your own?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i feel you meth...

but a lot of times i do it just to trick myself to be honest like i was spoiled in a way because i've always been an artist first before anything else and when i started "making beats" my homie who had been a lot of beats before i got interested in it hooked me up with his library off top then when i was done messing with all of that (which was like probably 15-20 gbs. easy) then i started to get breaks and "make my own" but still a lot of times i like to grab new ish whether it's a program/instrument or some "new" drums just to trick my brain and tell myself like "yeah i got this new ish right and i'm finna' kill this one" that's why now i got 2 hard drives of just sounds and play 4 instruments ya dig? it's all love for the craft over here though holla
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
funny I find this forat post, I'm using a forat 9000 as well (this machine is terrific in my opinion) with the sample card, latest os 7.09, memory expansion...

so I've ordered the library (half of it to try it) and in my opinion sounds are awesome, better than any sample library I have ever bought, the best 100 $ I ever spent ... of course it would have been possible to sample from my computer to the forat (goldbaby, vengeance... brands) but time consuming and I m not sure the sound I'm achieving would be better.

Bruce is really a nice guy, helpful without the seller attitude if you know what I mean...
there is a funny floppy called "good sounds disk 1" ;-)

maybe someone knows if it is possible to create with a software the forat 9000 sound format (8 bit with the .snd file extension) I would need certainly an old computer with win 98 to support these old floppies although...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
where can I check out these "forat" sounds?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS ➑️
where can I check out these "forat" sounds?
I don't think there are demos available.

But i would be also interested..

Here's a lil' more info on the Forat Drum Sounds...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmolemon ➑️
I don't think there are demos available.

But i would be also interested..

Here's a lil' more info on the Forat Drum Sounds...
no demos? anyone using these?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS ➑️
no demos? anyone using these?
I have the Forat Drum Catalog
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyflo ➑️
I have the Forat Drum Catalog
Maybe you might want to tell us, what you think about it?

Worth the dough?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmolemon ➑️
Maybe you might want to tell us, what you think about it?
Worth the dough?

some select samples are good. Most of the drum sounds are vinyl like, but i hardly use them anymore cuz i make my own. I think they are a pretty nice start up kit if you looking for "dirty" drums
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i dunno if im allowed, but ill post a couple sample hits when i get home from skool, ill give u the ones i think are best...

keyflo
DAH
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyflo ➑️
i dunno if im allowed, but ill post a couple sample hits when i get home from skool, ill give u the ones i think are best...

keyflo
Yeah, dont forget to post some toneless punchy kicks with no resonance in the bodz and nice round attack.
(Those are the only ones can be used in dat ol boom bap hardcore ****!!)
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
linnn 9000

if you have the linn 9000 (forat 9000 now) you can appreciate the forat drum sound by the way the linn 9000 used to be the most expensive drum machine 20 years ago and only top producers had them (baby face ,jimmy jam and terry lewis ) and i still think the forat 16 is one of the best sampler out there sound wise .
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
if you have the linn 9000 (forat 9000 now) you can appreciate the forat drum sound by the way the linn 9000 used to be the most expensive drum machine 20 years ago and only top producers had them (baby face ,jimmy jam and terry lewis ) and i still think the forat 16 is one of the best sampler out there sound wise .
something I realize after posting, Bruce also offers his sample library for mpc or also as wav files (maybe the same) and this might not be the same sound wise (8 bit and converters certainly) as the forat 9000. I've tried many modern or analogue drum machines and still own 2 lm2 and 1 lm1 and this one is by far the "biggest" sounding without any processing (the studio 440 sampler is very near, thanks to the scale function but I digress here).

My next track will use it extensively. I will try to record a simple drum loop with some sounds if someone is interested.
Back to music now,
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
they are very average sounds I heard, but no personal experience using them
Old 17th July 2012
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Do any of you guys know how to assign a sample to a pad on the Linn 9000 (w 7.09 os)? I have been trying to figure it out and am stumped (planning on buying the manual from Bruce).

When I go to custom drum sounds and then hit "sample" I get the screen when I can set the volume of the a/d, the sample rate, and the threshold. Next I sample the drum in there and I can hear it play back when I press play. After that I do not know what to do. When I press a stop it says "Channel not available".

After this the original sound goes away and then I have to reset the memory from Function 1 to get it back.

Any help would be really appreciated guys,

Chris Coady
πŸ“ Reply