Poor mans miko or neko - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Poor mans miko or neko
Old 22nd January 2009
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Poor mans miko or neko

Wut up peoples!! Im doin a lot of work at another studio now and im about to take my mv8000 over there so i'll have somthin to sequence on and have my drumkits. I'll keep my mpc and all my boards at home. I wanted an open labs board ther but i think they are way overpriced. So im thinkin bout just usin my laptop as my module when im at that studio. Pretty much a bootleg open labs. The studio has reason and logic and everything else, and so do i. Just wanted to know if any1 else does this and how do u set it up. Im a hardware guy. And im not gona use reason or logic as my sequencer or for drums. Thats not even an option. The mv is wut i use for drums and sequencin! Any templates, etc?
Old 22nd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by s12512 ➡️
Wut up peoples!! Im doin a lot of work at another studio now and im about to take my mv8000 over there so i'll have somthin to sequence on and have my drumkits. I'll keep my mpc and all my boards at home. I wanted an open labs board ther but i think they are way overpriced. So im thinkin bout just usin my laptop as my module when im at that studio. Pretty much a bootleg open labs. The studio has reason and logic and everything else, and so do i. Just wanted to know if any1 else does this and how do u set it up. Im a hardware guy. And im not gona use reason or logic as my sequencer or for drums. Thats not even an option. The mv is wut i use for drums and sequencin! Any templates, etc?
I do. I use Reason, Logic, various soft synths, and pro tools as on my macbookpro as a virtual rack right along side my hardware. Just make sure your laptop has a midi and audio interface. Use it the same way you would a rack. What's the difference?

Assign midi channels and go to work.

I wouldn't call it boot leg open labs. People have been doing this forever, even before a Miko existed.
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
that'll work. im gona do a test run 2morow wen i get back home. im goin straight there so it'll be fun. luv learning new things!
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeOne3345 ➡️
I do. I use Reason, Logic, various soft synths, and pro tools as on my macbookpro as a virtual rack right along side my hardware. Just make sure your laptop has a midi and audio interface. Use it the same way you would a rack. What's the difference?

Assign midi channels and go to work.

I wouldn't call it boot leg open labs. People have been doing this forever, even before a Miko existed.
When i use a neko i often use nuendo with a bunch of different soft synths, reason through rewire with battery 3 or guru for drums. i use the same things off my laptop and at my small studio..
📝 Reply